what type of handlebars should i get?

SupDOHC

I need help finding a good set of handlebras which are functional and stylish.
12654370_824448724349065_8729065829841180688_n.jpg

What direction are you going with the bike and what don't you like about the sock ones?

I took off all the windjammer items, the handlebars and the seat are all that reminds me of what it once was. basically they are too big and awkward even though they are comfortable. maybe something more sleek and stylish like ltd handlebars.

Grab a set of low rise bars until you decide on the direction you want to head with the bike.

If you like the low rise bars just keep with them!

With low rise bars you will end up with all new cables and brake lines because the old ones will be way too long and flopping in the breeze.

Yep, that is true.

As I said, until he decides on the direction he wants to go. No point shortening the cables and then deciding to go with a set of ape hangers.

o1marc said:
With low rise bars you will end up with all new cables and brake lines because the old ones will be way too long and flopping in the breeze.
that is what I was concerned about, not too low rise but not too high either.

I second super bike bars. Some of these fellas steered me in that direction. I am waiting for them to arrive but I am so happy I went that route after reading other's posts and talking to people.

Emgo/Bikemaster Euro, street, or superbike bars. $20-30 and you've got something relatively generic and adaptable. If you find you have personal preferences once you've ridden them for a while, swap for something else and don't be afraid to spend to get what meets the needs you've established through actual riding.

o1marc said:
You can always shorten the cables. It's simple to do.

J-Rod10 said:
You can always shorten the cables. It's simple to do.

It's simple to do if you've done them before and you're experienced.

Maybe not so much if it's your first bike and you have to ask what bars you should buy.

hillsy said:
It's simple to do if you've done them before and you're experienced.

Maybe not so much if it's your first bike and you have to ask what bars you should buy.

Gotta learn some day ;)

Back
Top Bottom