CB550 cafe seat, custom one-off mesh sidecovers

focusinprogress

City Limit Moto:Parts-Service-Apparel (716)8038606
I'm re-doing the entire bike from scratch this winter so I'm offering up my existing cafe combo for someone else.

I made the fairing from a spare leaky cb550 gas tank, made an electronics try that sits underneath the frame, and a "glove box" I call it that serves as a great place to store your wallet/keys/hat/phone/etc.

I made the glove box mount where the factory airbox did, the bolts come through the seat and into the brackets on the glove box. the sidecovers mount through the stock sidecover points. One side I drilled a hole for a universal key/ignition cylinder and the other is hinged with a thumb latch that catches a factory tab on the frame.

I made the upholstery pan from fiberglass, and the padding is 2 layers of Adidas yoga mat with black vinyl upholstery.

The fairing is made to notch over a bit of fender, which I mounted a cateye taillight and plate mount on.

I'm thinking it's fair to ask about $250+shipping for this whole combo, I have more than that into the materials from making it all and all you have to do is mount it in. The tray even has mounts for all the stock electronics built-in.

Price is very firm.

IMG_20120718_125242.jpg

IMG_20120718_125253.jpg

2012-05-20142620.jpg

2012-05-20142542.jpg

as you can see there I had the fuses mounted inside for easy access in the event of a blown fuse.

IMG_20120707_122537.jpg

IMG_20120707_122522.jpg

some of the pics were during fabrication, the mesh covers are coated with truck bed liner for durability.

bump. would like to see this go to a good home/build.....before I go looking for another cb550 to cafe and sell as a complete bike for profit (I need another bike like I need a hole in my head)

bump, where else can you get a complete cafe seat, electrics tray, custom sidecovers with a storage bin, upholstered seat pan, all bolt-in for a cb550 for this price!?!?!?

fairing itself needs some touch-up work from 4yrs of swinging my leg over it and getting some scratches in, but chances are you're going to paint this to match your bike anyhow (esp since this is a one-off color I mixed at random from mistake-paints)

mrjoshzombie said:
Great price, I may have to steal that "glove box" idea for my 360. Love the function of that

I hadn't really seen it done and even though I love the open frame look, I kept thinking to myself "where the heck am I going to put all of my stuff!?" because having a backpack is annoying as it always rests on the fairing instead of staying tight to your back.....so this is what I came up with.

pweston said:
Final price?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

with holiday shipping rates, it's likely to cost upwards of $50 to ship.....I think the lowest I can stomach going on it is $275 shipped. I have a lot of time and material into it and feel it's nicer looking on the bike than most universal cafe seats that cost $200 before even being painted, and this includes one-off sidecovers and storage compartment!

bump. If it doesn't sell soon, I'll start looking for another CB550 or CB500-four to put this on with some clubmans and sell a completed cafe bike.

bump. can include the cb750 rear fender that I modified to fit and have bolted to the frame crossover/tie at the rear under the hump. For $25 I can go get a brand new one of those mini-batteries I ran in it and send it mounted up where it goes. Tray has all the mounting points for stock electronics to bolt in.

acwmn3 said:
Consider selling just the side covers? I like those, you did a great job on them.

I can't sell the rest of it without having the sidecovers included. the mesh material I used for this was $60 alone. Making the covers costs about $100 total

Back
Top Bottom