Fabrication Question - 2 color injection mold?

adventurco

Nick Ol' Eye
DTT BOTM WINNER
Hey folks,

I've got a project in the works and I need to prototype one of these units, and we will eventually be running production of 600+ units if the prototypes get approved.

Its a 3" plastic placard that has appears to have raised white text and image. The photo is crap, we are still in early phases.

Anyone know of a technique for getting these made in one shot, mold & color? Or do I need to have the mold done first and the color added post production?

Any input is appreciated.

dmf828.jpg

redwillissuperman said:
I don't see any raised or molded features.... so just use flat sheet plastic and have it screen printed.

You're right. My client made it seem like the letters needed to be raised, but that is not the case.

So screen printed and die cut it is, now to find a company to produce. Thanks for the input.

What type of plastic is being molded and what is the application?

I represent a label manufacturer and we do inmold labels for outdoor durable companies like the lawn and garden industries/ trashcan manufacturers.

Bama704 said:
What type of plastic is being molded and what is the application?

I represent a label manufacturer and we do inmold labels for outdoor durable companies like the lawn and garden industries/ trashcan manufacturers.

They will be used indoors to label trash and recycling receptacles. I am researching production options, if you're able to produce a similar product I can PM you my email and we can discuss further

Nick, if you're interested in doing it in vinyl, I'll put you in touch with my buddy in Baton Rouge. This same the same guy who wrapped my DS7. I know he could handle it, commercial jobs is what he does.

Redbird said:
Nick, if you're interested in doing it in vinyl, I'll put you in touch with my buddy in Baton Rouge. This same the same guy who wrapped my DS7. I know he could handle it, commercial jobs is what he does.

Thanks Chris, I actually produce vinyl commercially as well. I think I am going to do cut vinyl decals on 3" round blanks cut from sheet plastic.

Sent from my iPhone using DO THE TON

advCo said:
Thanks Chris, I actually produce vinyl commercially as well.

Oh Yea :eek:

So you're sayin you don't need his number then? :p ;D

I was at a manufacturing company and they were painting the raised letters on license plate frames for a car dealership. There was a small fixture that they put the frame in and then pulled a roller across it and the raised area was painted perfectly.

The operator popped it out and put another one it what seemed every 15 seconds.

Sent from my iPad using DO THE TON

Back
Top Bottom