Yamaha Tracker

o1marc

Over 1,000 Posts
I've had a vision in my mind about one of my next builds. I always wanted to do an XS650 Tracker. It would have been the build I started after my XR project is complete. Instead I got the free CB400F so I will complete it, sell it and then buy an XS to do this to it;
dsc_8864a_0.jpg

This thing is sweeeet.

Very nice looking Yamm wonder if there running stock frame ?

Yeah - that's a stock frame. It's a nice cosmetic job, but frankly, a tracker should be as much about performance as a cafe racer. If you're going to go to the trouble and expense of running proper dirt track racing tires (looking at $400+ for a set) then you'd best have a fork brace up front.

I would have done a proper number plate up front with a hidden projector headlamp if you're going to run it on the street, and might have gone so far as to convert to right-side shifting as a proper dirt track bike would have.

The center stand is a 15 pound abomination that needs to go too :) And powdercoat doesn't belong on a race motor.

Tim said:
Yeah - that's a stock frame. It's a nice cosmetic job, but frankly, a tracker should be as much about performance as a cafe racer. If you're going to go to the trouble and expense of running proper dirt track racing tires (looking at $400+ for a set) then you'd best have a fork brace up front.

I would have done a proper number plate up front with a hidden projector headlamp if you're going to run it on the street, and might have gone so far as to convert to right-side shifting as a proper dirt track bike would have.

The center stand is a 15 pound abomination that needs to go too :) And powdercoat doesn't belong on a race motor.

A-fuckin-men

I think a true street tracker should be a flat track race bike with a head light and maybe a kickstarter. I'm not crazy about the ones that are all dolled up with fancy paint and all the trim. Just my thoughts. :)

Back
Top Bottom