VX800 (the bike formerly known as pipes)

Mudease

This is now the 3RD incarnation of this bike. I have made major changes to her for every new chapter in my life. So this is starting from here this is not the finished project, I'll try to do a build from memory on it later when i locate all the old pics ::)
full.jpg

The swingarm in the pic was lengthened 8.125 inches. I will be going back to a stock swingarm this time

Here are some pics of the progress. other images can be requested if you want a close up of something!
Motorcycle_modifacation~~element6.jpg

Motorcycle_modifacation~~element8.jpg

Motorcycle_modifacation~~element7.jpg

Motorcycle_modifacation~~element10.jpg

Motorcycle_modifacation~~element12.jpg

The first pic is of the fuel tank I am using an old SR500 tank widened 4 inches with new tunnel welded in to fit the frame. the other pics are the new upper rear frame seat mount and shock mounts, now I'm waiting on the new shocks!

I am a bit confused (often am); I thought the XV engines had the exhaust coming out of the front and rear with the carbs located in the center of the V? Did you turn the rear cylinder 180 deg?

In any configuration that is a handsome engine.

Nope she came from the factory like that. One sidedraft and one downdraft carb it is a huge pain to jet them correctly cause they are both jetted very differently form the factory

Back
Top Bottom