project CL360

quadcam79

Had this Honda CL360 sitting around in my yard after buying it from a co-worker about a year ago.
cl1.jpg

My plan was to cafe it but thats got nixed, the OL put up the $500 for the bike when we got it so it really is her bike but she hasnt riden a bike in over 20 years. She got on it once, rode about 500 ft around the yard and dropped it and said it was too tall for her to put her feet solidly on the ground ;) . So, since that day it's been sitting and I figured enough time had passed so I started tearing into it.

wouldnt you know it, after I got it tore down and started to work on it here she comes "what ya doing to my bike?" ..."ummm, rebuilding it cafe style"..."no you arent, those are ugly, I just need it lowered". Ahh what the hell? :-X , ok fine so I'll lower it and while i'm at it..it needs a few mods.

so I tore it down to the frame, pulled the motor and i'm going to go with some kind of bobber/brat swingarm style. right now I'm looking here and various chopper blogs for some inspiration.

maybe borrow some Church Of Choppers inspiration...
IMG_2957.jpg

No rush on this project, I'm still working on my Ironhead sportster chop so I have plenty of headaches to keep me busy ;D

I love the church... I've been following them for about 2 years now religiously. (pun intended).

You have a ton of work ahead of you, I will be watching this build waiting to see what you do about the swing arm....

Yeh Jeff builds some amazing stuff.
I'm keeping the original frame, I hate that frame but I dont have the equipment or experience to build a frame from scratch.

I did a real quick mock up and tried it with the original honda tank and a king sporty tank, the sporty tank looks great on there, I just have to work around the ridge that runs up the backbone and I'm pretty sure grinding it down without destroying the structural integrity isn't an option. i'll post some pics when i get a chance

threw the wheels.bars and a sporty tank on it to do a quick mock up , ignore my garage mess, i'm trying to get the damn place organized.

I think I'm going to chop the frame right behind the upper shock mounts and get rid of the excess tabs and crap
mockup.gif

Back
Top Bottom