So I think I'm gonna bob my xs400...

Chivatty

Been Around the Block
Now that I have reliable daily rider I can finally do some work on my XS that I semi-cafed a few years ago. Not sure how fast the teardown and rebuild will go but I hope to be able to ride it before the snow flies! Here's some pics to mark the beginning....
As bought...
Motorcycle2.jpg

What I built...
utf-8BSU1HMDA1MDIuanBn.jpg

utf-8BSU1HMDA1MDEuanBn.jpg

As of this morning...
utf-8BSU1HMDA2OTctMjAxMTA3MDctMTMwMS5qcGc-1.jpg

Just some cleanup today-nothing major yet...
utf-8BSU1HMDA2OTgtMjAxMTA3MDctMTMyNC5qcGc.jpg

utf-8BSU1HMDA2OTktMjAxMTA3MDctMTMyNS5qcGc.jpg

Havent decided on hardtailing or not-I'd like to but I dont really want to spend that much, I'm kinda cheap! This will probably be another budget garage build that hopefully turns out decent. I have to make it nice enough to where I want to ride it and leave this in the garage once in awhile... ;)
utf-8BSU1HMDA2MTktMjAxMTA2MTMtMTgzNS5qcGc.jpg

I'll be checking out a lot of the builds in this section that I havent really got into yet and blatantly stealing any cool ideas I see! Any thoughts/comment/encouragement/criticism is welcome! Wish me luck!!

Little more teardown today...
utf-8BSU1HMDA3MDYtMjAxMTA3MTItMTM0OS5qcGc.jpg

utf-8BSU1HMDA3MDgtMjAxMTA3MTItMTgxMS5qcGc.jpg

Motor and electric is pretty much all thats left on the frame. I've got a question for anyone-would it be pointless to replace all the wiring if I were to keep all the old components? I would like to just run new wires to all the old parts as they all were working fine. Take care!

So this is what the front end will look like...that fender is the only chrome on the whole bike. Should I go white(frame, forks) or black (wheels) ??
utf-8BSU1HMDA3NzAtMjAxMTA4MDYtMTgyNC5qcGc.jpg

Thanks for the link Hoosier!

I'm debating back and forth with myself-gets a little irritating at times!
Option A-----Extended swing arm, Biltwell struts or maybe 10.5" shocks, flatracker style seat : I guess classic brat
Option B-----Drop seat hardtail, solo seat : classic bobber

Seriously I go from one to the other almost every day...

Damn it maybe I just need another bike so I can do both and see which one I like better...
The 2 pics I go back and forth between...
RIMG4164.jpg

astor_falcon_1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom