Akinz' 77 cb550 Finally comin along!!!

akinz

Hey guys, new to the forum,

Just thought I'd share the work I've been doing on my 550k. It's been a 3 year process so far. Mainly because I fell off the wagon, but now I'm back on and have got some big things out of the way and it's starting to come along!

Just finished painting it two nights ago. The main time consuming part was probably rebuilding the engine and fabbing up a custom tail section.

Let me know what you guys think. Hopefully progress should move swiftly now, but I still have a lot of plating I want to do before I start bolting things up

Here she sat before gettin tore into.
100_1223.jpg

Now partway through

cb550238.jpg

Fabbed up a new tailsection

Copyofcb550261.jpg

rebuilt the motor, painted and polished some bits,

cb550212.jpg

cb550216.jpg

I beadblasted the frame, and tank, then primed and painted it all. First time doing some stripes... Turned out okay but not 100% pleased with the results. Just happy I was able to do it all myself instead of farming it out.

cb550658.jpg

cb550655.jpg

cb550651.jpg

Close up of the metallic on the frame
cb550650.jpg

Custom tail section lookin good
cb550648.jpg

cb550647.jpg

cb550646.jpg

cb550644.jpg

My Spray booth got a little foggy after finishing the clear
cb550640.jpg

So I think I'm finally over 50% complete. I have some goodies ready to fit, like some nice Tarozzi rear sets that I had to custom fit to my frame since they don't make a specific set for the 77 CB550, I can elaborate a little more in a bit.

Ciao for now
Kyle

If you want to it to look perfect without a lot of work take your tins to a body shop and have a pin stripe laid down over the edges of the stripes. White or red...maybe a copper/bronze would look good.

For future reference if you are going to paint a stripe shoot a coat of the base color first over the tape. This will seal the edges and give you a crisp line when you lay down the final color.

hey do you have anymore pictures / info of the tail section build? thats exactly what im looking to do and was just wondering how you went about it!

Back
Top Bottom