Post a pic of your latest purchase

hurco550 said:
a4cb50d36d39de45f927e0eb39cd953c.jpg

Picked up a rad old fiber glass rd400 tank and a Honda replica seat for the road racer project. Tank may not be street legal, but it only weighs a couple pounds, so the trade of is worth it ;)

grandpaul said:
OEM steel tank is only a couple of pounds; I don't get it...
Alright, so I got the weigh in. Stock tank without cap and tap is right at 9 lbs. This tank with cap and taps is 3.4 lbs. Better?

Thats a big difference. The glass tank must be a latter model laid up with some experience and quality materials.

Nice find Huronator550 :eek:

73 Honda 350 Four. 22K on miles clear title Good pick up. Might be my 12 year old son's first restoration. If he doesn't have interest in it I most likely will get running and sell.

Attachments

• 350.jpg
    350.jpg
    111.1 KB · Views: 550
R5JD said:
73 Honda 350 Four. 22K on miles clear title Good pick up. Might be my 12 year old son's first restoration. If he doesn't have interest in it I most likely will get running and sell.

Those are cool little rides. There are some bikes you flip, and some bikes you want to tuck away. These little bikes are starting to come into their own. Great commuters. I'm 40 years older and a hundred pounds heavier, but wish I still had my 400/4. The 350/4 is a little gem and so much more refined than the twin. They're just neat little rides. Won't win any races, but just a great city bike...

Sav0r said:
Got this Tool Box for $120. Needed something to keep all my mill tooling in, it was starting to pile up on my work benches and because I couldn't ever find the tooling I was looking for it was slowing me down. This toolbox has been a huge improvement. I purchased it a bit as petty revenge. I went into harbor freight to pickup one of those red rolling tool carts, I think they are $60 or $70. I took a slip to the register, the woman called a guy to bring the last one they had up to the register from the back, when he got up there a lady in line behind me thanked the guy and took the tool cart. I was royally pissed, I was standing at the register, and the girl at the register just shrugged her shoulders. So I went online and found this US General box, which is the same one Harbor Freight sells, but it was $40 cheaper than they sell them for.

vhmp1Qz.jpg

Oh hell yes. They're sold in this country as "US PRO TOOLS" toolboxes, and I'm delighted with mine - 5 drawer roller cab, 6 drawer/lift top top cab, and a separate tool cart as well. I've still not got room for most of my tools - having to cut down to just metric - but these cabs are awesome. They're a hell of a lot cheaper over there than over here, but they're the best bang per buck I could find over here. I'm thinking seriously about a second cab set so I can be properly organised.

hurco550 said:
Alright, so I got the weigh in. Stock tank without cap and tap is right at 9 lbs. This tank with cap and taps is 3.4 lbs. Better?

Much better! If you don't have a use for the tank let me know.

$150 on eBay. Iscar Heliocto. Have a ton on inserts for it that came in a lot at an auction, figured I'd get a holder for them.

Screenshot_20170108-101052_zpsjp7rvu3o.jpg

Sav0r said:
That's a heck of deal. My last face mill cost me nearly $400 without inserts.
I was just about to pull the trigger on a buy 30 inserts, get a free holder from Mitsubishi. Inserts at $25 a pop hurt.

Same guy has another Iscar listed on there for $175 OBO, with some inserts. If you're interested, I can send you a link.

Tune, I think you need a new doctor.

Back
Top Bottom