CB360's-from build to blog - 2013, MDS (Mo Dumb Shit)

Re: CB360's - Speak No Evil, See No Evil, Hear No Evil-from build to blog

Got stepdaughters boyfriend to help me fit wheel into forks.
Two minute job took about 30 mins ::) sucks still having bad arm :(
Anyway, it's a 'good' fit with a way oversize tyre, about 1/4" each side and I'll have the cross piece at least 1/@ above tyre (maybe 5/8"~3/4"?)
4.10x18 Trail tyre probably wasn't smart, even with wider rim ;D (4.60 rear is also huge :eek: )
Street tyres would have had less tread depth and be physically smaller 8)
Going to get mill set up to clearance the fork brace and then run without fender
Front-1.jpg

Front-2.jpg

That's a chubby tyre to say the least!
:)

Wasn't there a huge blow up about massively oversized tires being unsafe and foolish? ???

Looks cool, think 1/4" is enough room? I guess you'll know pretty quick if it rubs.

Yep ;D
But, that was mainly because people were fitting them to stock 1.60 rims
I have a WM3 2.15 rim on this, plus, it isn't going to be a cafe racer so I won't be pushing it into bends at high speeds
The tyre is 'sized' as 4.10 but really is a bit narrower (3.70" to outside of fitted carcass, 0.040" wider if I measure over the lettering)
The 4.60 I have for the rear is also 'undersize' (3.80")
Even measuring to the outside of the tread blocks on front it only gets to 4.00"
I just measured the clearance either side to fork legs, it's actually 0.300" which should be more than plenty on the sides particularly as tyre 'growth' tends to pull sides inwards

HA! Are you planning any wacky suspension mods or more of an all purpose scrambler?

Not 'planning' any suspension mods, but, as I get into it I have no idea what will happen ;D
The blue GSXR forks are looking 'lonely' ;)

I bet you wish you had some mountain fire roads to wang this puppy around! ;)

pj,

Quick question about those eBay gas shocks...

How do they compare to stock? How do you think they'd fare versus something like Hagons? Is/was the savings worth it?

Thanks in advance.

I know most people use them directly 'out of the box' but I wouldn't use them until they were re-built.
They work, but not as well as they could.
After new oil and gas, they are definitely worth the price and work about as well as any shocks I've used, even MUCH more expensive (better than a lot of shocks I've used ;D )
I guess a re-built/modified set would be worth about $220~$250 but you can get known names for that price and not have to work on them (I don't know if quality control has improved in last year or so?)
If you can do the re-build, get them

Chiming in on the rebuild of the gas shocks, I agree with PJ here. The shock come assembled poorly with little to no pressure in the air bladders and air in the main body with cruddy shock oil. After my rebuild the shocks work very well with good damping. I am still jealous of your the clevis bodys you made PJ. far more rugged than stock. Anyway, if you purchase them I recommend the bleeder mod at least and rebuild with new oil. It took about twice the oil that came out ... ish. ~200ml in, 100ml out, for each shock.

I want to try these for my next build.
http://www.akunar.com/SUSPENSION.htm trusty twin rear :eek: 68$ +30$ ship i think

Here is some info they emailed to me:
Dear Eric,

They are available at a 300 eye to eye top mount 10mm (Male) and clevis (Female) 8mm or 340 eye to eye Male top10 mm and male bottom 10mm.
The models are discontinuing soon so if you have a color in mind let me know as I will have to double check to see whats still in stock or available.

Kind Regards

Ranuka Davis

Made some parts, speedo drive 'eliminator' ;)
There is a recess in the back for extra clearance/weight reduction and 0.010" removed from outside so it doesn't rub on hub

Speedoeliminator-1.jpg

Remove the drive flange and chrome plate

Speedoeliminator-2.jpg

You have way too much time on your hands! ;)

/\ +1 and you spend it so well. why not drill holes through for more weight savings?

Erskine said:
You have way too much time on your hands! ;)

dcmspikes said:
/\ +1 and you spend it so well. why not drill holes through for more weight savings?

Being unemployed does that.

Drilling holes would defeat the purpose of having a cover over the bearing, plus, would add a bunch to cost when someone wants one

CB360's - Speak No Evil, See No Evil, Hear No Evil-from build to blog

crazypj said:
Made some parts, speedo drive 'eliminator' ;)
There is a recess in the back for extra clearance/weight reduction and 0.010" removed from outside so it doesn't rub on hub

Speedoeliminator-1.jpg

Oooooooooooooooooh! PJ.

Don't wanna add one of them to the list do you?

crazypj said:
Drilling holes would defeat the purpose of having a cover over the bearing,

i had a feeling you were going to say that.

Your makin parts again? Awesome headlight brackets starter block... I want!! You build awesome parts

Haven't done any headlight brackets since last year, been thinking about it though as I need some for my bikes

Back
Top Bottom