Custom Triple Trees - CB350/400/550/750/GL1000 - Other designs available

teazer said:
Tune, I had a similar puzzle recently and found that the CBR954 gull top had the same offset and fork spacing as a bottom triple I had lying around. I believe it's a 'busa bottom at 114mm but you would need to check.

You can also get bar clamps with a single central bolt as well as riser styles which bolt to the stock lower clamp.

Thanks! I have busa trees but they ar 50/55 clamp and the gix 600 is 50/50. not sure offset is the same, but i have one on the way. bar clamps i have sets of both so either will be fine.

No room for bars on the CBR gullwing

s-l1600.jpg

Tune-A-Fish said:
No room for bars on the CBR gullwing

s-l1600.jpg

True. I was using clip ons on that bike. With a gull wing top clamp it is difficult to get a flat spot to mount regular bars without teh clamp looking way too heavy/clunky. What about high rise clip ons. I think it was Heli that used to sell clip ons that were the same height as regular bars.

CarbsAndCylinders said:
You do beautiful work and I bet there are a bunch of us that are not quite ready to buy one from you.

Thanks! Waiting for a few brave souls like Tune-A to take the plunge so everyone can see the goods on a project.

Okay... Got the trees mocked up.

I need to drop the legs any I can to an inch. I need to also lengthen the stem which will increase the gap from "bottom" of top clamp to "top" of bottom clamp. As you can see in the pics I am only able to get the top nut on not enough stem to get the jam nuts on. As you can also see in the pic, I have 28mm of clamp below the top clamp.

In summary:

I need to lower up to an inch
I need room for the jam nuts (gullwing shape top clamp)
I need a new stem?

ad9dc6c59c4788edb999ea84add21f84.jpg

8869d5ae59570c9001496d4a6ab8b3f4.jpg

15ace00a04a0a0b29a6a7b29a59dc449.jpg

M
82491a7fc165dc18f067c95a66434b66.jpg

I will need some spacers an axle and offset (concentric) inserts next pic for the axle. If your interested hah!

47d8aa20bc30ed7912f78ec5401836b4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using DO THE TON

Tune-A-Fish

I would assume it would be cheaper and easier to make fork cap extensions than to start with a 2"+ thick chunk of billet and machine into a drop triple tree.....

something like this:

forkcap4.JPG

forkcap2.jpg

0000091_suzuki-fork-extensions.jpeg

then just regular clamps set up for swapping your stock stem into.....if you give me measurements for the axle adapters I could turn a set out for a reasonable price if it's not something slik is interested in doing.

I can take care of the mill work. If focus wants to turn some extensions for you that's up to you guys. Still playing with a rear motor mount design I like.

And thats an old picture. Machining is done for all three holes, and pinch bolt are bored and threaded. Water jetting leaves a bumpy surface that needs to be taken down. Then it will be ready for action.

Tune-A-Fish said:
whats that 10" rise why not just get some apes :p!

don't worry im waiting till winter before I attempt a fork swap..i don't even know what measurements I need yet :eek:

slikwilli420 said:
What do you have cooking NJ?

Empty pot right now! if I sent you the triples off my sr it would basically be stock dimensions but wider opening for USD forks? so i'm thinking I would only really need to ensure the correct length for proper suspension geometry? im gonna have to wait to do this because I need to ride this thing! but tune got me interested ::)

Nj732port said:
Empty pot right now! if I sent you the triples off my sr it would basically be stock dimensions but wider opening for USD forks? so i'm thinking I would only really need to ensure the correct length for proper suspension geometry? im gonna have to wait to do this because I need to ride this thing! but tune got me interested ::)

Any dimensions you need to get rolling. My idea is to help the guy put a front end on his bike people said wouldn't work, and without killing his budget.

Back
Top Bottom