MARCH 2013 DO THE TON BIKE OF THE MONTH - VOTING

Vote!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
???
Rich Ard said:
One that runs

Really? In that case i should have gone for that one instead hahaha

No but seriously, is that it? Please educate me. Is it a rare bike? Or a supreme overhaul? Or what?

So this is the story behind my build...

I bought this bike in February with my wedding in coming in May. I knew that if I didn't have it before marriage I'd never get one. I've always been into cars and building stuff so I figured this would be a good pre wedding project.

This is the first bike I ever messed with so many thanks to the folks of this forum for all the advise.

Top end of motor was refreshed and every seal and bearing on bike replaced and Powder coated everything. Detailed drawings for all custom parts designed for this bike can be found on my build thread.
ba5a3a4y.jpg

Day one
rumuju2y.jpg

sudy8ehu.jpg

a5yqy7a3.jpg

ede9y5eb.jpg

atuny7y8.jpg

qa9usy9u.jpg

dute6e6a.jpg

The end
8edyzega.jpg

Bert Jan - the DS7 is the epitome of a café racer; the bare functional necessities with no concessions to fashions or trends. A simple bike devoid of bling and big dollar parts, a bike that is fast and fun. But mostly because its a stroker and a Yamaha!

Crazy

And with 1 hour of tune work and a few parts would eat the rest of its running mates at a stop light

hurley209 said:
. and besides, envy and jealousy is a female trait. hahahaha

Really? Are we gonna make this 'bout guys and girls? :p

Seriously all, just vote already instead of discussing everything. I'm happy with the nomination but compared to the joy of having something finished, working and soaked with blood sweat and tears, this really means nothing at all, (not to bash the whole BOTM-contest, dont get me wrong :))I really hope we feel the same way about all our bikes. And ofcourse, it's a big honour. But everybody handles building bikes in a different way, and that is a good thing, otherwise we'd end up all with the same bike. We all have things we prefer, some like bike that look spotless and clean, some like bikes as custom and handmade as can be, even if it always stays behind compared to some bought pieces. Isn't that what this voting is about? :)

So be nice all :) And yes, if Berts (sometimes harsh ;) ) comments annoy you that much that you don't like to vote for my 200, than just don't do it it. I love the other bikes as well, enough to choose from right? :p It's only opinions, save your energy for your workshop tomorrow :)

Enough for tonight. Sweet dreams y'all.

I agree with you there Bons....

To be honest, I have no problem if people like or don't like my bike, it's up to them and I'll respect any opinion... but... from that to criticizing my work it was a bit too much for me... I'm new here, you don't know me, what I do, what's my experience or if maybe I have other bikes which fit your 'the right bike' criteria... I seriously felt like I really don't wanna be here for a moment.. I built this bike for myself, it's how I wanted it to be.. if someone things that a bike should be any other way, great, really. I posted my thread to share the restoration and building process of the bike.

The reason mine is 'trailed and not faster' or it's not 'One that runs' is because if you'll see the post I posted just a week ago (here: http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=46513.msg512757#msg512757) I wrote that I just completed it, day before I posted the thread and half an hour later I went out, took my brother-in-law's camera and took pictures of it for my thread.

Bikes are meant to be ridden, not trailed. It will get dirty, I'll post pictures ;)

How about the 750SS I built? nothing shiny about it ;)
P1060101.jpg

oh lior people are just ruffling feathers. everyone likes your bike. Just some good spirited fun. Let's ride bitches

Let's try to stay on topic - if you like a bike great - post up why you like it. Convince others to vote for it.

BTW - and I'll post up a more formal announcement on this when it's not 1AM - our good friends at Bullit are going to hook up the winner of our BOTM contest with one of their t-shirts. They approached me with the idea and I think that's pretty darn cool of them.

www.bullitcustomcycles.com

Lior, i am truly sorry if i made you feel that way. That was never meant that way. I really think its a kickass build, like said before. I'm sorry dude!

Speedbumps 750 for me... it looks like an athletic prom queen... lol...plus as an engineer myself I appreciate all that went into the build without over doing it.

Any of the 4 deserve botm tho

Voted! Well done lior.

Again, all beautiful bikes! Another hard choice... all deserve to win, but there can be only one! I will be supprised if the others don't show up again later.

Back
Top Bottom