Jared's 1982 CM450C Cafe Project

Here's some from the 2018 Distinguished Gentlemen's Ride, Denver, CO...

Attachments

• IMG_5655.JPG
    IMG_5655.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 273
  • IMG_5663.JPG
    IMG_5663.JPG
    987.8 KB · Views: 264
  • IMG_5654.JPG
    IMG_5654.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 262
  • IMG_5669.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 232
  • IMG_5671.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 238
Hoping to get nominated for the DoTheTon / DimeCity bike of the month!! Hoping someone will find this build worthy of the nomination! Thank you!

BIKE OF THE MONTH THREAD
http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=76069.0;topicseen

Initial Goal: Take a very LAME motorcycle, and rebuild entire bike from scratch into a one-off cafe racer with modern parts. Must include conversion to monoshock and single-sided swing arm

Summary of the build....
- Donor Bike: 1982 Honda CM450, kept the engine, chassis, fuel tank, and triple-tree top nut (lol)
- Front Suspension: 2006 CBR600rr (forks, wheel, brakes, etc.)
- Swing Arm & Rear Brake: 1990 Honda Hawk NT650 single-sided swing arm
- Rear Suspension: 1981 Honda CB900F rear shock
- Rear Wheel: 1996 Honda VFR750 Interceptor
- Subframe: Custom built from scratch by owner, then professionally welded by Mountain Man Welding, Denver, CO
- Cafe Seat: Custom mold from scratch by owner, fiberglass & epoxy
- Paint: P36 Mitsubishi Eclipse & 2-part epoxy clear coat, 100% by owner
- Electrical System: Designed and wired from scratch by owner (Lithium battery from Shorei, Voltage reg/rec from Ricks motorsports)
- Tank Logo: Custom designed with owner/designer's initials "JC" inconspicuously in background
- Rear Brake Disc & Line: Andy from Cycle Brakes, Sherman Oaks, CA
- Front Sprocket: Custom built by Superior Racing Sprockets, 5/8" offset to resolve swing-arm
- Rear Sprocket: Custom by Rebel Gears Inc., 40tooth, Aluminum
- Rear Sets: Custom designed by owner, and plasma cut by DenCol, Denver, CO
- Carburetors: Mikuni slide cards & red air filter pods
- Tires: Michelin Pilot Power, Front 120/70-ZR17, Rear 170/60-R-17
- Gauge: Koso TNT-01
- Rear lights/blinkers: Flexible LED strip
- Headlight: SpeedMotoCo
- Front Blinkers: MotoGadget M-Blaze

Special thanks to...
- Steele's Cycles: Many random OEM replacement parts from the various Honda bikes I incorporated
- Dime City Cycle: Mikuni Carburetors and many other small parts & pieces
- Blast Tech, Denver, CO: soda-blast for engine
- Colographics: Vinyl sticker tank logo
- Auburn Tool & Machine: Custom machined rear brake bracket & extended threads on Nt650 rear spindle
- Earl Froman (RIP): Welding for new swing-arm pivot hosing in OEM chassis and rear mono-shock top mounts
- Kelly McTeer: Engineering cohort and overall master problem solver
- Noah Roberts: Tank logo design
- HondaTwins.net and Jim (longdistancerider) for being such a great resource and helping with my random questions
- DoTheTon.com for much of the same!

Awesome job! Very nicely done. Im not in love with the front fender, and it feels like the knee dents need some black leather in them, but thats nit pickin. Beautiful bike!

datadavid said:
Is that reg plate dangling freely there?

Skickat från min Pixel via Tapatalk

No, it's bolted to an aluminum bracket. I change the bracket setup since that day so it's not interfering with the rear wheel for the rear shock travel.

WhiteLightnin said:
Sweet Bike! What year forks are those? What size are those clamps for the headlight?

Forks are 2006 Honda CBR 600RR, and I don't recall the size of headlight clamps. I got the headlight and clamps from Speedmotoco.com

Back
Top Bottom