Seat makers for a cb360.

ryan_289

I'm building my first motorcycle so this is probably a noob question.

I'm looking for a tracker style seat with a upsweep in the back. I am going to keep the stock airboxes and battery. I have found the universal seats on Ebay but they look pretty thin and uncomfortable. Anyone have any suggestions on a decent padded seat and hoop like I'm looking for?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Anyone tried the low profile seats from Texavina? They have one that requires no modifications and one that fits the stock mounting but needs the rear crossmember removed.

not trying to be a smartarse but if you want a comfortable seat stick with what mr honda gave you, in customising there is nearly always some compromise of form over function and form usually wins. to get the look you want you're inevitably going to have a thinner seat and hopefully someone can point you in the direction of minimal discomfort but theres always going to be that compromise

i used to have a 750 sohc that had the original seat pan with about an inch of the original worn out old foam with a calf skin strapped over the top, to everyone else it looked like sh1t but it was exactly the dirtbag look i was going ( matched the rest of the bike, fooled people into thinking it was a slow, knackered old sh1theap but it actually went like a raped ape off the line and thats exactly what i wanted it to do ) for but by christ it was uncomfortable

having said that, good luck and enjoy the build

Cudos for keeping the stock airbox. That should reduce tuning headaches. I built my own seat for a GL1000 cafe-style by building layer at a time with carpet padding foam (the multi-colored glued-together stuff - given to me free from a carpet outlet) attached with 3M 80 spray contact cement. Shape with an electric carving knife (ebay) and had a local upholsterer cover it with vinyl I found online. It is actually more comfortable than Honda's or any other GL1000 seat my butt has landed on. The seat pan was a fiberglass replica of stock, but the same can be done with about any seat pan you desire. Building it up 1/2" at a time allows you to adjust as you desire. I plan to do the same on future custom builds, but will probably stitch my own cover.
f638a050a2802542cf113d7250cd870b.jpg
762dac14d481a8b82a8cb693292d1362.jpg

Back
Top Bottom