new project idea

themotoworks

Been Around the Block
I've been playing more with the idea of building a bike by entirely designing the whole thing, working out all the kinks, then building it directly from the model, I am close to finished with the design of this one, still playing a bit with the bodywork style etc. any thoughts are welcome. the tank is an aluminum fuel cell covered by a two piece fiberglass shell, the front part of the shell can be removed to get access to the battery and munit, coils, etc

Attachments

• CB350 Basic Cafe.JPG
    CB350 Basic Cafe.JPG
    469 KB · Views: 220
  • CB350 Basic Cafe1.JPG
    CB350 Basic Cafe1.JPG
    453 KB · Views: 209
did a bit more work figuring things out, designed a headlight using a larger LED unit, didn't like how small the last one looked... any feedback welcome, I'm still not sure how I feel about the seat

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    183.4 KB · Views: 191
Definitely looks better with the larger headlight, and for my money I love the seat. Love the whole concept in fact. Wishing you well as you bring it to life

Love it, but first, PLEASE update the 380 thread ;)

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Renderings are all well n good, but does your design use actual components or are you going to make each one...and then make that piece fit the next and so on?

interested in how this will translate into the real world..;)

it's built for manufacturability, so many of the parts and assemblies are real world parts, like forks, wheel rims, shock, rearsets, clipons, gauge, etc. the idea is maximum quality and visual appeal, minimum time spent trying to make part a fit part b fit crusty old frame tube c...

You'll find the swing arm mount will be weak, it's been done like that before with various box sections and all ended up with outer bearings of some sort (except on very low power, 5~15bhp). Get hold of Tony Foals Chassis book

I like your approach. I draw what I can too and find it does help work things out.

Is the frame a scratch build? My $0.02 cents worth is I'd consider rounding the boxy shape so at least from a side profile is has some curves.

Good luck!

It's just a basic render, I'm sure when design gets finalised it will be tidied up significantly. I would move swing arm pivot closer to output sprocket, less chain tension deviation

Back
Top Bottom