Henry Abe Wheel Set for SOHC CB750

stikman

I've got a pair of original Henry Abe (H.A. Industry) wheels off a 1971 CB750K that I'm looking to sell.

The front is a 19" and the rear is an 18". They both look to be in very good shape with minor corrosion overall.

For consideration, in this eBay auction link a NOS pair of HAs sold for $1400 USD , and the rear was only a 16", which is less desirable for a cafe racer:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/NOS-Honda-CB750-Cafe-Racer-Henry-Abe-Wheel-Set-CB-750-/290592612886?forcev4exp=true&item=290592612886&vxp=mtr

If you know what you're looking at, you know what they're worth.

I'm in BC, Canada and open to serious offers. Hoping to get $1200, we'll see what happens.

Defiantly not going to sell here.
I'm on the hunt for some special wheels for my seeley.
I've bought and sold a few sets before.

I would say eBay them,they already are on.a few other boards.

Good luck.
Some times when you go fishing you do catch a whale.

surffly said:
Some times when you go fishing you do catch a whale...............

And sometimes the whale catches you :)

Are they on ebay yet?
$200 discount for fairly used wheels doesnt seem right.

My offer would probably be very insulting with a $1200 asking price

There are a few listed on ebay from 250 a rim to 1000 for a set. I wish i could search sold items. I bet if you knocked that oxidation off and took some good pictures you could get some hits. Good luck whale hunting and such

The one set listed on ebay for $940 has been listed for YEARS!

They are a rear part, but the guy that wants to buy them is rare too.

A SET OF USED RECENTLY SOLD FOR $1525 ON EBAY
http://www.ebay.com/itm/SUPER-RARE-Henry-Abe-7-star-mag-wheels-CB750-19-034-front-18-034-rear-drum-NICE-/321469686112?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item4ad9162160&vxp=mtr&nma=true&si=lW4NpH5DZnzyOcqy97xdk1NoGZg%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

i think it would pay to put in new bearings and clean 'em up real nice
should be easy to get over a grand for em if yer patient

cxman said:
i sold a set for a 750 and got 450 for them 'not long ago

Thats about my number too.
Personally I prefer lesters

xb33bsa said:
A SET OF USED RECENTLY SOLD FOR $1525 ON EBAY
http://www.ebay.com/itm/SUPER-RARE-Henry-Abe-7-star-mag-wheels-CB750-19-034-front-18-034-rear-drum-NICE-/321469686112?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item4ad9162160&vxp=mtr&nma=true&si=lW4NpH5DZnzyOcqy97xdk1NoGZg%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

i think it would pay to put in new bearings and clean 'em up real nice
should be easy to get over a grand for em if yer patient

Wonder if there are actually more then one person that will pay more then a grand.....

Very often after something goes for big money on ebay, everyone that has the same thing goes out and tries to sell it for the same money.....and it doesnt happen.

all those old school cast ali wheels are like filling yer tires with lead,handling killers all, just for show
now some magnesium morris and then you got sumthin' they are actiually pretty decent light

I appreciate you guys trying to be diplomatic in your comments. I realize the price I mentioned is quite high. Ya can't fault a guy for hoping to get top dollar. :p

Are they rare? Yes. Do alot of people want to pay alot for them? No. I get that and it's fair to say.

That said, if this forum allows it, I'm open to offers. At the very least it lets me know what the average interested guy is really willing to buy them for.

Tbh, at this point I am still tossing around the idea of running them unless I can get a decent enough chunk of cash that would justify letting them go. And my current build could use the funds.

Not sure how bad shipping is from Canada to the USA. I know going to you from here is a bitch of a price.

I'm interested but sub $500

If you want top dollar you need a top part with a top listing.
Tossing it up on a few boards with meh pictures ain't gunna do it.

Got a rough shipping quote for a guy in TN. $150 with FedEx, 7 business days. Cheaper than I expected. That's with a 24" x 24" x 12" box weighing 50 lbs.

stikman

i shipped a set on greyhound it was cheaper and the guy just went to his local bus station to get them

it was half of what fedex wanted then i found out they had a 20 or 25 percent student discount

to help moving students so i had my step daughter send them and it was even cheaper

Back
Top Bottom