Post a pic of your latest purchase

xb33bsa said:
very cool idear to floor mount it fer pissin in,multi-utility, thumbs up bro
No need to pee in sinks, we have indoor plumbing in these parts. With toilets and everything ;)
I can take a pic for ya if you haven't seen one before.
It's just sitting on the floor posing for the picture. It'll get mounted to the wall in a few weeks.

3ddf9df61e2f8cd08736aab2c69634c6.jpg

Access baby!

1978 GL1000 for $400. Running and titled and the guy was nice enough to deliver it to me.
cbccb209972f44e8a9c150c5344270d3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ply318ci said:
Thanks.

True. They were just quickly bolted on so I could start it not just not on open headers. It is better now.

Ha saw that in the thread. These girls can run in terrible shape, then when you tune them up they are amazing. I love mine, It has got me home running on 2 cylinders because of torrential rain and I ran it with bad ignition timing for 2 years before I learned how to fix that. there are tons of good GL1000 sites and the first rule. Change the timing belts if you do not have proof they have been done in the last 3-4 years.

Maritime said:
Ha saw that in the thread. These girls can run in terrible shape, then when you tune them up they are amazing. I love mine, It has got me home running on 2 cylinders because of torrential rain and I ran it with bad ignition timing for 2 years before I learned how to fix that. there are tons of good GL1000 sites and the first rule. Change the timing belts if you do not have proof they have been done in the last 3-4 years.

Timing belts is the first major thing I am going to do. Bike was last registered in 2013 and the guy I bought it from rode it about 20 miles then parked it for 2 months. Soon as I get paid the old girl is getting a full time up.

Keep a thread going on the GL, would like to see what you make of that disaster.
The zip tied brake lines is priceless

Kamn said:
Keep a thread going on the GL, would like to see what you make of that disaster.
The zip tied brake lines is priceless

Thanks. Wife and I just bought a house so the progress might not come as fast and hard as I would like but I will keep it going.

I would just find a roundish old tank and paint a white star onit make it run and stop decent and ride the life out ofit :eek:

Fishy pipes ftw!

Back
Top Bottom