cb200 back to the cafe "lola"

Re: cb200 bratracker "lola"

The sleeves came out in two second stoked. Thanks desmobro the jacket is a Ducati legend series made by dainese took like 6 months for Ducati aus to get it though lol.

cb200 bratracker "lola"

Progress today I de-laced one of the wheels getting ready for powder and sorted out the other bits I wanted to do at the same time.

657710d4-7a5a-c815.jpg

I also cleaned and sprayed the engine mount bolts and will do the mounts themselves soon.

657710d4-7aeb-67ce.jpg

Prepped the rear fender for a slight
chop

657710d4-7b05-9b22.jpg

Tim said:
That post just holds a cotter-pin to keep the washer / brake pad ends in place right? Just missing a small chunk? It will be fine. It's a cotter-pin, not a circlip I think.

Cotter pin. You are correct. It'll hold just fine. Mine had a nail through it from the PO!

cb200 bratracker "lola"

Kewl thanks guys, hit a bit more done today both wheels now are de-laced and ready for powder.
65771082-e9dc-6b76.jpg

And getting the hubs ready too.

Also the new throttle cable came which is brand spanking new. Check our how bad the old stretched cut up one was.
65771082-ea3b-9c66.jpg

65771082-ea49-3c60.jpg

65771082-eb66-27df.jpg

cb200 bratracker "lola"

Thanks to cmsnl got some schematics printed to help with a lot of confusion when put this sucker back together.
dcec0133-6216-218a.jpg

Did you take that front hub apart to get at the bearing? Honda doesn't make a tool for it anymore and I'm wondering where I can get an aftermarket one. Most guys use a punch and hammer I guess but I tried that and the square holes are getting all beat up. Not working out too well.

Haven't attacked the bearing yet but if you check out

http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=32298.msg428794#msg428794

You can see how much you may need to improvise

So are you still going to powder everything black? or adding a bit of blue like the tank? ???

deepwaterimports said:
Haven't attacked the bearing yet but if you check out

http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=32298.msg428794#msg428794

You can see how much you may need to improvise

I just dropped off the hub to a local machinst who's gonna make me a tool that'll plug into a 1/2" socket. It'll make bearing race removal A LOT easier considering I've got 10 more bikes to do and I've already trashed 2 hubs!

andycafe said:
So are you still going to powder everything black? or adding a bit of blue like the tank? ???

All black. I like it clean it will have chrome accents like spokes shock springs etc but I love the way the frame came out so I'm keen to keep it mostly black. Thinking of metal air filter covers getting them fabed and having a number on them like milehigh did on his cl450 "ginger" bike. What do you think?

legendary_rider said:
I just dropped off the hub to a local machinst who's gonna make me a tool that'll plug into a 1/2" socket. It'll make bearing race removal A LOT easier considering I've got 10 more bikes to do and I've already trashed 2 hubs!

Nice, you will have to post up a pic when it's done and tell us cost I may need to get one myself ;)

Will do. I already found a proer tool for the rear hub. Chris at "Sirius Consolidated" found one for me at "Motion Pro" and is ordering it in.

so updates so far?(no pics sorry).

done:
-new spokes have arrived which are nice and shinny.
-painted engine mounts.
-started polishing forks.
-got a new cotter pin set for the re build.

things to do:
- order shocks, lights front and rear, fuel cap and petcock.
- tear top end of engine and replace seals and paint.
- fit new wiring loom to new handlebars, grips etc
- make metal fabbed air covers
- rebuild my baby
- register and ride

this may take a few more months but im hoping november she will be all done fingeres crossed

cb200 bratracker "lola"

So the hope is(and it is wishfully thinking more than anything) ....is to be done in time to take the bike down south to the "rockers ride" syd. So fingers, toes, armed legs and balls crossed we have no problems lol. ......... There will be problems hahaha
657711e3-1601-9dbe.jpg

So anyone can go to this? Have you been before? Might have to make sure I'm ready for it too...

Lol. I'm gonna come too. I'm in Canada though. Anyone have a place for me to "crash". Pun intended. Oh, an extra bike to ride would be nice too. lol.

it was posted on the syd cafe racers face book page so im guessing all are welcome heck i won’t know anyone hahahaha just going to wear my dtt patch and hope to see a fellow builder. it advises on the flyer all bikes and scooters welcome so I’m taking that as my invite hahaha. Legend mate your welcome to crash at mine but i can’t help you with the spare bike though soz mate.

lol. Thanks. Maybe if I win the lottery or something and can afford airfare at the time I'll come down. I appreciate the place to crash if I'm every in Australia though.

Back
Top Bottom