DO THE TON Mama Tried #7!! Oct 7-9, 2016 in the Dirty South

received_10157485481905174.jpeg

received_10157485483445174.jpeg

Maritime said:
Getting close. Can't wait. Although my tickets I need to return have not arrived.
Hunt (ticketing manager for Barber) said there may be a mailing issue with the tickets to Canada, so we've discussed yours already. Keep me posted, if you haven't received it by end of this week I will make arrangements with Hunt to issue you a replacement.

No worries, my friend!

Re: DO THE TON Mama Tried #7!! Oct 7-9, 2016 in the Dirty South- DTT UPDATE

For Ace Corner this year I'd like to spice things up a bit. Do The Ton is known for their volunteering, but much of our presence in the motorcycling world is unknown. DTT is full of amazing people with awesome bike projects and I'd love to showcase that talent!

The game plan:
DTT members bringing a vintage/cafe bike to Barber will park them at the DTT setup inside of Ace Corner (as usual).
The plan is for each of you to do a single page write-up on your bike, including:
-year/make/model
-a before picture
-brief write-up on the project (what you did or what you plan to do)
-builder name
-the name of your build thread on DTT if you have one and would like to include it
-If your bike project is complete, we will simply have the website at the bottom of the page.
-If your project is not complete, the top will be marked something along the lines of "Work in Progress" and bottom will be marked "For progress updates on this bike visit dotheton.com"
Your bike will be displayed with the page affixed for people to check out and admire.

This is not mandatory! If you choose to participate, which I hope you will, there's no need to stress over it. It can be as simple or as elaborate as you care to make it. Please keep it to a single page though. Print it up and bring it with you. I'll have some clear sleeves to put them in.

Hope to have your participation!

jenn

this bike of mine will be at barber i can put it at the ace cafe if you want instead of sitting at our booth

i still hope to ride down but there is a medical emergency with my stepson right now so not sure

but let me know i can arrange it

Cool idea ;)
Should move people over to the site.

I'm in, if y'all think the DS7 is worthy?

cxman said:
jenn

this bike of mine will be at barber i can put it at the ace cafe if you want instead of sitting at our booth

i still hope to ride down but there is a medical emergency with my stepson right now so not sure

but let me know i can arrange it
Murray, that would be amazing IF it isn't too much trouble. Would you be interested in doing the one page write-up to include?
Hope everything turns out ok with your stepson. :-\

Redbird said:
Cool idea ;)
Should move people over to the site.

I'm in, if y'all think the DS7 is worthy?
Yes please, Chris! That would be super awesome.

i can print out the magazine article

contact ben from racing smith he will have a few of his builds there as well he is a dtt member

cxman said:
i can print out the magazine article

contact ben from racing smith he will have a few of his builds there as well he is a dtt member
Thanks so much, Murray! If you could just bring the printed copy with you, I'll have the clear plastic sleeves to put it in.

What is Ben's dtt screenname?

Re: DO THE TON Mama Tried #7!! Oct 7-9, 2016 in the Dirty South- DTT UPDATE

Today begins the 10 day countdown!

received_10157464373705174.jpeg

images%2011.jpg

images%204.jpg

For anyone that missed it...

haircuttergirl said:
For Ace Corner this year I'd like to spice things up a bit. Do The Ton is known for their volunteering, but much of our presence in the motorcycling world is unknown. DTT is full of amazing people with awesome bike projects and I'd love to showcase that talent!

The game plan:
DTT members bringing a vintage/cafe bike to Barber will park them at the DTT setup inside of Ace Corner (as usual).
The plan is for each of you to do a single page write-up on your bike, including:
-year/make/model
-a before picture
-brief write-up on the project (what you did or what you plan to do)
-builder name
-the name of your build thread on DTT if you have one and would like to include it
-If your bike project is complete, we will simply have the website at the bottom of the page.
-If your project is not complete, the top will be marked something along the lines of "Work in Progress" and bottom will be marked "For progress updates on this bike visit dotheton.com"
Your bike will be displayed with the page affixed for people to check out and admire.

This is not mandatory! If you choose to participate, which I hope you will, there's no need to stress over it. It can be as simple or as elaborate as you care to make it. Please keep it to a single page though. Print it up and bring it with you. I'll have some clear sleeves to put them in.

Hope to have your participation!

Nick, aka adventurco, has kindly offered his services for the DTT featured bike write-ups for Ace Corner.
All you need to is submit your info (listed below) to me via PM/text/Facebook before midnight Monday 10/3 and Nick will create the write-ups for you, in the form of the attached picture. We will have them printed up and will bring them to Barber.
*Please keep the "Build Details" section to under 500 characters.

•Year/make/model
•Builder name
•Name of your bike OR build thread name on DTT if you have one
•Before picture (the bigger, the better)
•Build details (what you did to the bike/what your plans are for the bike-- less than 500 characters)
**if your bike is a work in progress, please note that when you submit your info to me.

Thank you!

received_10153988773230847.jpeg

That would be nice to have a poster of that for the shop. I might not feel so bad about selling it with a nice memento like that.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using DO THE TON mobile app

clem said:
That would be nice to have a poster of that for the shop. I might not feel so bad about selling it with a nice memento like that.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using DO THE TON mobile app
Cory, please feel free to submit a finished picture instead so you can do that! The idea behind the Before pic was just so people could see the difference. The poster idea is a good one :D

hurco550 said:
That's awesome! Thanks Nick!
+1

Redbird said:
+1!

Jenn, I'll PM ya my details when I get back in town ;)
Sounds great, Chris. 10 more dayssss!!

Back
Top Bottom