RD Oil Tank Line Feed Routing

2_DONE_THE_TON

Over 1,000 Posts
DTT BOTM WINNER
Hey forum!

Just tried to figure how the oil line of my oil tank is to be routed.

The top feed is a deaeration feed and the bottom goes to the right motor side to feed the oil pump.

So my question is:

Is the pump gravity fed or will it 'suck' the oil im whatever angle the feed goes?

I'm asking this since i tried to keep the angle of the feed as angled to the pump as possible but the feed from the tank starts way too low to angle it right.

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1419026351547.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1419026351547.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 129
  • uploadfromtaptalk1419026378191.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1419026378191.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 131
the tank is higher than the pump so there is no possible way it could be gravity :-\ i think you should run it under the chain by the front sprocket and frighten the oil into movement

that may not be entirely accurate there is a formula that you must use to calculate the fall of the hose
for every unit of run at less than horizontal there must be a fall of 2.3 factor

you could also put a rare earth magnet down by the pump inlet and mix some potting soil in with the oil

As long as the tank is higher than the pump, gravity will work the same it did when it was "invented". Just connect it up and bleed it as per teh manual and as long as oil comes through you are good to go.

Back
Top Bottom