Rickman triple trees - 38mm

slikwilli420

Been Around the Block
Looking for a set of upper/lower trees in 38mm for my Rickman kit. These are the exact trees I need, but are damaged.

http://s1026.photobucket.com/user/slikwilli420/media/Rickman/20160130_210732_zpsb4grseyz.jpg.html?sort=3&o=9

PM or email works for me.

slikwilli420 said:
Looking for a set of upper/lower trees in 38mm for my Rickman kit. These are the exact trees I need, but are damaged.

http://s1026.photobucket.com/user/slikwilli420/media/Rickman/20160130_210732_zpsb4grseyz.jpg.html?sort=3&o=9

PM or email works for me.

good luck man being betor forks and clamps you would think they are not that uncommon
try posting a wanted ad over on vft ,the flat track crowd is your best bet finding what you need in my hoe

xb33bsa said:
good luck man being betor forks and clamps you would think they are not that uncommon
try posting a wanted ad over on vft ,the flat track crowd is your best bet finding what you need in my hoe

I'm not familiar with that forum. Got the whole website?

lots of cool everything on there, more a buy and sell and news info bullitin board than a forum
taking an ad is free , donations encouraged, lots and lots of people watch it
http://vft.org/

i would bet these are the same casting only because it looks identical in every way...
except for the thicker c/s of stock adjacent the stanchion tube bores see.in the 35's but that would be the deal if indeed the same castin=g...hhmmmm...however it could a mind trick or a trap
after all any good competent machinist can do the job in a mill or lathe its too easy...
i wasnt looking for this just stumbled upon quincidentilly but the seed had been planted see .......trap it is

http://www.ebay.com/itm/74-ossa-phantom-front-fork-triple-clamps-betor-35mm-/281901305357?hash=item41a2a08e0d:g:DVEAAOSwv-NWYhAw

I just delivered it to the shop, Checkered Past Cycles, out of Galesburg, MI. Can't say whether or not they have the parts you need.

b6f00fd3e6ba76f4bd8a8ec4c4059af7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using DO THE TON

deviant said:
I just delivered it to the shop, Checkered Past Cycles, out of Galesburg, MI. Can't say whether or not they have the parts you need.

aint ceriani betor sweet little bike tho very sweet they handle like a dream

slikwilli420 said:
I emailed him just to see. Not even close. Bummer. Still looking.
hah there i am wrong again
what was it the width or offset ?
do you need the exact betor clamps or just wanna ride the thing ?
cause if i new the offset and center distances c to c of the stanchions it could probably be sorted
and also there is a guy here who is making custom clmaps in many styles,beautiful work too from the pitchurs i have seen

xb33bsa said:
hah there i am wrong again
what was it the width or offset ?
do you need the exact betor clamps or just wanna ride the thing ?
cause if i new the offset and center distances c to c of the stanchions it could probably be sorted
and also there is a guy here who is making custom clmaps in many styles,beautiful work too from the pitchurs i have seen

I need the exact ones as replacements. I have the majority of a CR kit and the trees were heavily damaged.

I may be the one you are thinking about making custom trees. That is my last resort since making a copy of them would be extremely daunting. I may just end up making something with the same specs in a different retro design.

deviant said:

I know Checkered Past. I live in Portage, not far from there. I was at their Christmas party last year and rode with a few of them up to the Stockbridge, MI bike show last fall. Solid group of guys.

slikwilli420 said:
I need the exact ones as replacements. I have the majority of a CR kit and the trees were heavily damaged.

I may be the one you are thinking about making custom trees. That is my last resort since making a copy of them would be extremely daunting. I may just end up making something with the same specs in a different retro design.
yes yes you you
you could always make coppies.,asclose as you can then lash each one to a 20 foot length of 2 lb chain and drag 'em thru the church gravel parkin'lot for 10 mile or so
to get the look

I already have the outline drawn up and ready to cut. Getting the contour right would be challenging. Maybe worth hooking up with someone with a CNC mill to get them done out of billet. Either way, I'll take a stab at it first to see what I can accomplish.

Gee, I have a friend who has a mint one of these buried in his garage that he will not sell, no matter how much I beg. Have you tried searching ebay uk?

I assume we're talking about different front ends between models? There's an entire Rickman Zundapp 125 front end on eBay now.

Yes, very different. I am looking for Rickman CR parts, which was the street kit for 4-cylinder Honda and Kawasaki engines. The Rickman offroad stuff is rare, but not nearly as much so as the street kit parts.

Back
Top Bottom