Cafe seems to morph into fighter

ctluba said:
Loco, you spurred my interest in the dual lights again and I found one on fleabay with the mounting cage. Bolted it up tonight, may stay with it, Feedback / opions please.

010-3.jpg

MAN!!. I LOVE IT!!.. It looks wicked!!!.. Is it possible to lower the headlights down the tube by about 2 inches more?...

Now you just need a vintage motocross mask in the front of those lights to finish it off!!.. :)
IMG_0366.jpg

IMG_1205-1.jpg

IMG_0415.jpg

IMG_1385.jpg

And I just happen to have one for ya!!
IMG_2355.jpg

It took quite a bit of work to mount it up. I sorta like the hieght where it is. Thanx for the compliments.

Your bike looks sick!! :eek:

I gotta be honest, I liked the look of the original comstars better with the extended swingarm.... The smaller rear wheel makes the swingarm look too long. Or maybe it's up too high in back. Regardless, just my opinion.

two-smoker said:
I gotta be honest, I liked the look of the original comstars better with the extended swingarm.... The smaller rear wheel makes the swingarm look too long. Or maybe it's up too high in back. Regardless, just my opinion.

Your killin me bro!! It took a shit pile of work to get those wheels on there. I like the CBR wheel look WAY better than the comstars. Also, you wouldnt believe the weight difference. The comstars weigh a friggin ton!!! ;D

Hey, not tryin to knock it, just giving an opinion. It's your bike, and you gotta do what YOU want, not listen to someone else. Especially me- I'm notoriously difficult. LOL

i love the new wheels not diggin the duel headlight... i think Loco is on to something with the mask there... with as clean and tight as the rest of the bike is that just looks like i is un finished. man i have to say i really love how this bike is shaping up! what a great take on a bike that people other wise shy away from to trick out... love it!

I'm on the other side of that fence. I actually dig the comstars for once. And I dig the bigger wheel (why I bought a 18" x 4.5 spoked rim and 150-70-18 tire).

I am also thinking about doing the dual head light thing more along the lines of a road racer.

I do appreciate your ideas tho.

...damn.....
I tried man, I love what you're doing over all, I just wish that swing arm wasn't so long.
I really try not to criticize other people's builds.

Gee Swag, it is only 4 inches over!!! Any less and I felt it would not be noticable and therefore not worth the cost. Any longer and it would really affect the handling. Tried to find a happy middle ground of looking a little longer but not a total stretched drag bike.

I understand everybody has there own taste and this look works for me. I dont take your comments as "critizism", just your taste, no worries!!

its definitely come a long way...I'm digging it all...now i'm gonna have to change mine around so it doesn't look just like yours..lol

Gray

Post a pic or two. Have I seen yours? I love all pics, dont worry about hijacking my thread, all pics welcome. :)

ctluba said:
Now I remember, you have the blue 900F correct. I saw it over at customfighters.

that would def. be me...I'm kinda waiting to post a thread over here till I've got something more than just taking stuff apart

Gray

Ctluba: I'm glad you're not taking my input poorly. Like I said, I don't like to criticize people's builds generally because it's almost always NOT taken well.
As for the rear end, if you're reasoning for doing it was to 'be noticed' well...mission accomplished.

In my mind (and as you pointed out, my tastes) I want to build first for performance eg; if it doesn't help handling/power.stopping.....don't do it. Some bikes desperately need a couple inches out back for weight bias, dunno about the later CBs like yours.
But also, if I want the changes noticed by the upper echelon, not spoon fed to the unwashed...if that makes sense. I state this in this manner to illustrate my point, not to toss barbs but you're reasonable so I feel like you'll know that (more for other's).

As I said, I like what you've done but it does look reeeaaally long.

i think that the smaller wheels just make it look a bit longer... i am still not feeling the headlight. maybe make a cover for it to tie it in a bit more...

Swagger said:
Ctluba: I'm glad you're not taking my input poorly. Like I said, I don't like to criticize people's builds generally because it's almost always NOT taken well.
As for the rear end, if you're reasoning for doing it was to 'be noticed' well...mission accomplished.

In my mind (and as you pointed out, my tastes) I want to build first for performance eg; if it doesn't help handling/power.stopping.....don't do it. Some bikes desperately need a couple inches out back for weight bias, dunno about the later CBs like yours.
But also, if I want the changes noticed by the upper echelon, not spoon fed to the unwashed...if that makes sense. I state this in this manner to illustrate my point, not to toss barbs but you're reasonable so I feel like you'll know that (more for other's).

As I said, I like what you've done but it does look reeeaaally long.

I here ya about not doing if it doesnt help performance. But if I were soley looking for the best performance I would not have bought a 30 year old bike that weighs a ton and has 30 year old performance. I would have bought a gixxer or some other modern ride that will blow the doors off my CB, no matter how much money I dump into this monster.

I bought this bike to build a cruiser / muscle bike that will look unlike any of the hundreds of gixxers or other plastic lumps out there. Just to cruise around and look mean!!!!!!!! Anyway, cant wait til spring!!!

ctluba said:
I bought this bike to build a cruiser / muscle bike that will look unlike any of the hundreds of gixxers or other plastic lumps out there. Just to cruise around and look mean!!!!!!!! Anyway, cant wait til spring!!!

Well said!...of course that's why I also bought a Buell...NO ONE has them around where I live

This thread gets me pumped about building my CB, I think tonight after I put the new intake on my Buell I'll stip more stuff off the CB..lol

Gray

Back
Top Bottom