Fellow in Mississauga had 5 bikes stolen last night

Jim

posting for someone from another board....

-------------------------------------------------------
All 5 of my vintage dirt bikes have been stolen from my garage on Monday in the night from my home in south Mississauga. Please if you come across the following bikes in your travels that may seem suspicious, contact myself or the police. Reward for info.
The bikes were:
- B44 engine in a B50 frame MX bike a CCM replica. Black skinny tank, yellow fenders, CCM sidecases, bodywork and seat.
- TT500 Yamaha dirt bike orange with lifting handles on the rear loop.
- XR 75 1974 orange kids dirt bike
- XR 80 this is the nice restored red kids bike I had for sale.
- TY 80 mini trials bike, like new, how do I explain this to my son.
I will post more info as I get it. Can someone help me post pictures?
Thanks
John Lightfoot
905 848-4632
jladi@sympatico.ca

Here is a photo of the CCM replica
JL_b44_2.jpg

Woudn't you just like to take these mother f%**)'ers and string them up my the short and curlys. I know the feeling though, had a bike stolen from my garage about 10 yrs ago ... never found. :'(

Will keep an eye out in the Durham Region

Damn that's a nice looking bike. I can only imagine what the others must look like. Would have been a tempting garage!

I've set this topic to 'sticky' so it stays at the top.

Guys / Gals just a further note to this. I have a number of friends on the Durham Regional Police Force, and they all recommend that should you have a bike that you are looking to sell that you do all parts of the transaction at a netrual site that is agreeable to both parties. This will keep wannabe buyers away from your house and garage or storage area.

A lot of people are not even interested in purchasing anything they just want to get a look at what you have to offer them should they decide to return. According to the Police this is rampent in the bike market, as most home garages are easy to access, they are located at the front of the house and the master bedroom is located at the rear. These guys come prepared and can clean out a garage in minutes.

So beware guys, unless you know the person, do they sale away from your home. Better to protect you your family and your belongings.

XS650RR said:
Woudn't you just like to take these mother f%**)'ers and string them up my the short and curlys. I know the feeling though, had a bike stolen from my garage about 10 yrs ago ... never found. :'(

Tie limbs between two bikes facing opposite directions. When the flag drops.... GO!!!!!!!!!!! Better yet, just cut off their thumbs. Bitch of a time holding onto the grips without thumbs. :-X

XS650RR said:
Guys / Gals just a further note to this. I have a number of friends on the Durham Regional Police Force, and they all recommend that should you have a bike that you are looking to sell that you do all parts of the transaction at a netrual site that is agreeable to both parties. This will keep wannabe buyers away from your house and garage or storage area.

A lot of people are not even interested in purchasing anything they just want to get a look at what you have to offer them should they decide to return. According to the Police this is rampent in the bike market, as most home garages are easy to access, they are located at the front of the house and the master bedroom is located at the rear. These guys come prepared and can clean out a garage in minutes.

So beware guys, unless you know the person, do they sale away from your home. Better to protect you your family and your belongings.

Gonna have to agree with that... Had 3 people look at my dirtbike one day, that night she was stolen right out of the garage. The guy unlocked the side door while I went to get the registration, and came back later that night... without even waking up my friggin dog.

Although my bike was just a stripped down XR250R, i feel "some" of your pain... I never found mine, hope you get yours back.

Back
Top Bottom