March 23 - first decent ride of the season! Rode the 45 mins to work today!

Tim

Administrator
Staff member
Boy it got chilly coming up the DVP away from the lake! 2 degrees I think downtown when I left, but it was colder coming up. Will be very nice going home later though ;D

Glad to hear u are able to ride.
Temps are in the middle to upper 60's here in Chicagoland, but it rains every dam day...
Only positive side of warm temps and rain is good garage working conditions... ;D

Har har - not sure what's happening April 3, but it's riding season!

Currently 68 and cloudy here in Fort Worth. No can ride though. Busted shoulder.

Just made it back from a short ride on my brothers SuperMoto (DR400SM) ..... Man what a nice feeling getting back on a bike. Now if I could only complete one of my projects ... :mad:

I tried and tried to start my bike on thursday night... it Freakin wont start.. I drained the battery... I boosted it from the car.. and it STILL FREAKING wouldnt start... Grumbling and frustrated.. I grabbed the battery and put it back in the charger...

Then Friday in a meeting.. It occurred to me...SHIT!!!... I forgot to turn the petcock to "ON"...
DAMN!!!!....

Sure it enough the min I got home, Slapped the battery back in, one push of button and VROOMM.... ;D Yeah BABY!!!

I still didnt get a chance to ride... Had to bring the kids to my parents for the weekend!..

locOleoN said:
I tried and tried to start my bike on thursday night... it Freakin wont start.. I drained the battery... I boosted it from the car.. and it STILL FREAKING wouldnt start... Grumbling and frustrated.. I grabbed the battery and put it back in the charger...

Then Friday in a meeting.. It occurred to me...SHIT!!!... I forgot to turn the petcock to "ON"...
DAMN!!!!....

Sure it enough the min I got home, Slapped the battery back in, one push of button and VROOMM.... ;D Yeah BABY!!!

I still didnt get a chance to ride... Had to bring the kids to my parents for the weekend!..

Holy.... shit. I think I would have left the meeting. That's pretty funny, but I was worried as I started reading as:

Noels bike <> start = Tim with greasy hands

locOleoN said:

DAMN!!!!....

I can just see the forehead slap now... and everyone around the table looking at you thinking you'd lost it. :D

LOL!!!... thats exactly it!!..
If I couldn't get it started that would equal Tim with Greasy hands!!..LOL..

But it was funny.. I was in a bi-weekly meeting w. my Boss and the President of our company talking account strategies and, as our president asked me what I thought of a suggestion he made, I responded.."Aw shit...Was the petcock on??".. LOL!!!
YOu should have seen the blank looks... BHAHAHAHAa...

If it was any other meeting, with anyone else, I'd be texting Tim that second to call me on my cell... and I'd be like..."oops sorry guys, an emergency... Gotta go..."... LOL..

DAMN!!!!....

Ya gotta hate when that happens !!!. Pretty funny though. Noel put a friggin sign on your tach as a reminder .... Is it an age thing or what ;D

XS650RR said:
DAMN!!!!....

Ya gotta hate when that happens !!!. Pretty funny though. Noel put a friggin sign on your tach as a reminder .... Is it an age thing or what ;D

you mean like THIS kind of sign???

IMG_7501.jpg

lol!!!

I had similar problems starting mine a few days ago, except my petcock does not have an OFF, as it's a vacuum petcock. It was in the ON position, but would not start, and I could tell the battery was getting weaker. Too many kicks too and no start!
I then switched the petcock to PRI (prime) and she fired up second try. ::)

I went for an 80 km ride after work yesterday, to Port Perry and back. My Oil warning light came on when I was getting close to home again!
I pulled over and shut her down,
Checked the oil drain plug - still in.
Looked for leaks - none.
Sat on the bike and straightened her up to check the oil sight glass/level - looks good.
Got to thinking maybe the oil sensor wire has come loose, as I had it off not long ago.
I rode home and parked her. Later that evening I checked and cleaned both ends of the wire. Started her up and the light goes out as it's supposed to. It's raining today, and the wife's started Spring cleaning, so no ride today to test it, so far.

Similar story...

My Dad used to have an Excaliber... basically a 20's Mercedes replica body on a corvette chassis and drive train.

He was fiddling around one day and found a cut wire under the driver seat, he fixed it...

Then the car wouldn't start, turn the key and nothing. He tried jumping it... nothing. Checked everything.. nothing.

The men of the block started to congregate, including the guy across the street who had an open-wheel race car... everyone put in their 2 cents... nothing worked.

Then the Air Canada pilot from down the way saw the group of men mulling around the car and came over. He figures no one was trying it right so he gets in and, figuring he's going to take my Dad's prized possession for a ride if he gets it going, does up the seat belt, turns the key...

VROOOOOOM!

Turns out the wire was part of a safety system that wouldn't let the car start if the seat-belt wasn't done up.

My Dad reached under the seat and cut the wire :D

But you know... as I'm typing this what an ingenious anti-theft system... what car thief would do up the belt ;)

KZ ... where are you located ??

Musselmans Lake, Stouffville, ON. Near Hwy 48 and Aurora Rd.

How about yourself XS, where you at?
Just checked the member intro area and could not find you!

locOleoN said:
DAMN!!!!....

Been there, done that. Motorcycling is a bitch goddess.

c

78kz said:
KZ ... where are you located ??

Musselmans Lake, Stouffville, ON. Near Hwy 48 and Aurora Rd.

How about yourself XS, where you at?
Just checked the member intro area and could not find you!

Bowmanville .....

Ian, do you make it up to Haughen's much on Thursdays?
Last few years I tried to most weeks.
I will again this year if time allows.

Back
Top Bottom