'71 CB450 Front end Upgrade to EX250 ?'s

Swagger said:
Shit....I see some of the issue here....
DJ, didn't you run an 08-ish ex250 disc on the 360 carrier? Sorry Chris, didn't evem cross my mind until now...it's the pseudo-wave rotor you want.
Seriously though, looking at where you are for parts, I'd say back up and go look for I believe it's a mid-90's CBR disc that bolts to the CB450 hub? PJ, do you have any input on this? I've seen late model sportbike discs bolted to CB hubs, at that point you really would be down to just chipping out a caliper adapter to move your stock EX or perhaps something more exotic to the proper position.

Hey Swag,

No worries man! I appreciate all the input from everyone on here. I don't mind spending some cash if it helps out the lot. I have to buy forks no matter what. It was either going to be some use 450CB forks or something else. The forks that came with my bike are some chopper long ones, this is why I was wanting to come up with a better system than buying an old set of CB450 forks.. it may be where I will end up though... come on guys don't give up on me. I will buy it if you think it will work!!! IF it doesn't then no loss but a few bucks and we all know that shit won't work ;)

Whoa whoa whoa there cowboy....heh. My advice, like all should be thoroughly researched by yourself before having relations with your wallet.
Take some long loving looks at other bikes, other solutions that have been come up with. Think first, then act....

Swag, I forget the year but it was an EX500 rotor on a 360 carrier for my EX500 front end. I know 95 to 2000 something are all the same. Mine was a 95. Pretty sure the whole rotor carrier set up from all the 350G models and 360's were the same.

djelliott said:
Swag, I forget the year but it was an EX500 rotor on a 360 carrier for my EX500 front end. I know 95 to 2000 something are all the same. Mine was a 95. Pretty sure the whole rotor carrier set up from all the 350G models and 360's were the same.

hmmm that may be my problem i bought a 2006 ex250 rotor? zdo you think an older Ex250 rotor may line up? from what I've read I thought all models until 2007 matched... i am probably am wrong though

djelliott said:
What year is the front end? 95 and up match I believe.

I don't have ex forks yet.. i was waiting to spend the money on them to make sure i could complete the mod. I was trying my way around the build before i pulled the trigger on the ex forks.

I went ahead and ordered the forks off of ebay last night... Lets hope they work out. I will post when they arrive and maybe that will help answer some of the questions we all have

thanks again for all of the help and ideas with this modification

Chris

Bringing this thread back from the dead!

Chris, did you ever get this figured out? Do you have photos?

Anyone else completed this mod?

Back
Top Bottom