Motorcycles and Mopars, west TN, September 14-21

Scruffy

West Tennessee
Hosting at my place, which is 54 acres. About 1 hour north east of down town Memphis.

Open to 2 bike boards and a 33-60 flathead 6 Mopar group and a 61-71 Dodge truck group.

Set to run from the 14th or so until the 21st. Should be side rides to Shiloh and Fort Pillow Battlefields, Graceland, Beale Street...

2 acre stocked fishing/swimming pond on site. Primitive shooting range. Horse shoe pit. Fire pit. I'll get the fishing dock replanked later this spring. 3 small boats on the pond.

No dirt bikes, no modern sport bikes. Kids welcome (we have a miniature horse to entertain them), BUT, there is a clothing optional swimming policy at the pond, so, if that is an issue, leave the rugrats with Grandma...

Millington and Atoka TN have the closest motels. Camping onsite is beyond primitive. Deer and small game season will be open, last year the limit was 3 antlerless deer per day.

You're on your own for food and beverages. I'll have grills and oak, hickory and pecan wood available for use.

Re: Motorcycles and Mopars, west TN, September

Sounds like a good time!!

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Motorcycles and Mopars, west TN, September

Hey that sounds sweet ill hopefully be able to make it over there!

SONICJK said:
Hey that sounds sweet ill hopefully be able to make it over there!

Bring your truck and a trailer, I've got some burl logs set aside for you...

I have never been this disappointed at the distance between me and Tennessee.

Motorcycles and Mopars, west TN, September

Rich Ard said:
I think I'm offended? Not quite sure haha

Scruffy, I just yesterday got my kiln up and running! What a ton of work that was. Now I just have to learn to use the damn thing efficiently.

Rich Ard said:

Amtrak. Airplane. Hitchhike. Fed Ex you and your bike down in a big wooden crate...

Ha. I'm taking a solo trip sans family in early May and probably another one in October to Mid-Ohio - with this size brood my wife and I don't do many long trips each year. Will keep it in mind for 2014, though.

It's still on... and getting bigger. Now open to 5 forums covering motorcycles, Mopars, guns...

Added a Shetland pony to the menagerie recently. We're getting ready to build a floating swim dock.

If you didn't catch it above, this is gun friendly, naturist friendly (about 15 acres are currently clothing optional)... still no dirt bikes or crotch rockets allowed, also not going to be letting in nosecone (1970 and newer) HD big twins or any year left side shift Sportsters.

Break out your fossilized 2 wheelers, 4 wheelers, camping gear and shooting irons. Show up. You have to feed yourself and buy your own gas, Kick in on porta-john rental. NO site charges beyond that.

So far, I have confirmations from 8 members of a different board for this, and a bunch of maybes.

Two bikes rolled in this afternoon, more are showing up Wed or Thur. Most RSVPs have chickened out. One came from Oklahoma, the other from Los Angeles. Have bikes from TN and KY arriving later in the week.

If I only get a half dozen people show up, this is going to be a one time deal...

Back
Top Bottom