HOW TO STOP CARBS LEAKING

cb 550 guy

have a good day dude
HI
I HAVE A CB 550 THAT I HAVE PUT A NEW GASKIT IN IT. SINCE THEN MY CARBS FORM CYLINDER 3 AND 4 HAVE NOT STOP LEAKING. I HAVE INSTALED NEW CARBS BOWL GASKET BUT I STILL LEAKS.
PLEASE HELP . ALSO LOOKING FOR A PART BIKE FOR CB 550 1973--197
CB 550 GUY

cb 550 guy said:
HI
I HAVE A CB 550 THAT I HAVE PUT A NEW GASKIT IN IT. SINCE THEN MY CARBS FORM CYLINDER 3 AND 4 HAVE NOT STOP LEAKING. I HAVE INSTALED NEW CARBS BOWL GASKET BUT I STILL LEAKS.
CB 550 GUY

Is it leaking from the over flow tubes or from the gasket or from the drain screw?

Did you replace the float valves or adjust the float heights? A bad valve or improper float level will cause the fuel to flood the bowls and leak out of the overflow drain.

I had a similar problem... turned out to be a small bit of debris that stopped the floats from rising.

Take the two carbs out, thoroughly clean the float chamber and float mounts and pivots & slides again. Also throw the floats into a can of gas to see if they float properly. Chances are this is just a stuck float and you won't be out of pocket for parts.

i just stop leaking on its own.
also i wanted to know how long a battrey last cos mine is not holding the charge
thanks alot dude

locOleoN said:
cb 550 guy said:
HI
CB 550 GUY

Is it leaking from the over flow tubes or from the gasket or from the drain screw?

I knew a guy with a CB 550 that used to leak right through the bowls.... The bike I mean.... It leaked... He didn't... On the bike...
The metal was eaten away from somethin er another (Old Gas).

- Pointless post

Back
Top Bottom