cant find an oil leek

cb 550 guy

have a good day dude
hey
thanks for every one reply regarding the leeky carbs.
BUT.t has not stop leeking oil.
i am trying to find it still no luck
your help would be appreciated
yasir

Start by spraying degreaser all over the engine, top to bottom and underside. Scrub and spray off all oil and dirt deposits and let dry. Run the motor or go for a ride until you start seeing where the oil is seeping out. Most likely it's one of the gaskets. Look at the head gasket, the one that's in between the valve head and the top of the cylinders, that's the one that usually goes first. Also check out the breather tube, it's a long rubber hose that is connected to the cam cover, the top cover of the engine. It's usually connected to the back of the cover and runs down towards the ground. You may be spraying oil through there. Check the oil drain plug and oil filter mount. Figure out where the oil is leaking and we'll go from there.

Surely you must have some indication of the area of the engine the oil is originating from?

One most often overlooked seal on these bikes is the tach cable seal on the engine. Remove the tach cable from the engine and see if there's a black oil seal in there - if not, go spend $5 on one from Honda. If there is one, I'd still replace it.

I had an oil 'leak' that seemed to emenate from the head on the right side of the engine, but it turned out to be a missing tach seal.

Back
Top Bottom