CB400F first cafe racer | from Holland "got some nice lines now"

Re: CB400F first cafe racer | from Holland

Digging the lines of the seat and what looks like a built-in fender?

How the $%^&* do i get this top bold of. :mad:
I alreaddy used wd40 but its as tight as virgin

Attachments

• foto.JPG
    foto.JPG
    52.3 KB · Views: 865

2nd that get some gentle heat on it + try turning it to tighten slightly some times breaks the crud n rust thats in the thread :p

Thank guys, the bitchy bold came off!

Had some nice progress last weeks, cleaned the petcock

And started working on the tripple tree clamp, i tought lets just try this and if it doesnt work out i'll buy a clean one from cognimoto:

Both off:

and after a bit more grinding:

in the meanwhile i was thinking and researching the headlight and tought, why dont try to reuse the orginal headlight ,it will save me some money and it will keep the soul of the bike alive.
so made some brackets out of cardboard to see if it might work out or not

Even dough it might look like a episode of ichibans bike, i think it looks great ( cardboard will be made out of alluminium or somthing )

As you guys can see i made some progress on the tripple tree in the meanwhile, i think it looks great so far!

ill be ordering new clip-ons this week, start rebuilding the front fork,
Oh and finding a guy how can re-spoke both tires, cause they way to rusted. Also need to contact the guy who can weld the holes in the tripple tree

ciao for now

I'm trying Laska Speciaallasbedrijf in Kralingen somewhere this week, he's a real nice guy doing all kinds of wonky projects, from restoring an antique icepick to making a custom Lotus Elise fairing. He'll be welding on my rearhoop and some tabs somewhere this week, so I can give some feedback on quality and price by then.

http://www.laska-speciaallasbedrijf.nl/

Tijmen said:
I'm trying Laska Speciaallasbedrijf in Kralingen somewhere this week, he's a real nice guy doing all kinds of wonky projects, from restoring an antique icepick to making a custom Lotus Elise fairing. He'll be welding on my rearhoop and some tabs somewhere this week, so I can give some feedback on quality and price by then.

http://www.laska-speciaallasbedrijf.nl/

Your the man Tijmen, please let me know your feedback! ill send you my phone number true a DM

One more pic for this weekend :eek: 8)

The line of the bike is comming togheter pretty nice now:

Soooo, did some work this week.
Took my tank to the office to get the paint of in the carport, so the apartment wont smell like a methlab :eek:

Cause the tank has like 7 layers of paint and the paintstripper i used only gets 2-3 layers of a time, i had to do it again.

After a night of rest and a little grinding the steel is finaly comming up.

And the new clip-ons

Pretty shitty pics, next pics will be with a desent camera in stead of my iphone :-X

Thats it for now. ciao ciao

7 layers of paint!!!?? :eek: Mine had only 5! ;D lol!

Nice work though! New clip-ons look great!

Re: CB400F first cafe racer | from Holland Look at that line :-*

So after getting the paint of the tank, i wanted to finish the "design-line" of the bike, so squirted some polyurethane foam on the seat, so it could "connect" to the tank, at first it looked like a lump but after some sanding n rough grinding with a wire brush it now looks almost the way i want it to look. Next step is to carefully take the seat (including new up-to-tank part) off and give it a layer of polyester.

the seat before

after the squirtf of foam ;)

roughly took the big chunks of of the sides.

a few minutes later

and after some more hand grinding:

also a better pic of the new clip-ons and the still in progress tripple tree:

And didnt know if i wanted rear sets or just the original shizzle, so tryed the bike on and guess what..

standerd:

Passenger steps:

Thats going to be a easy choice: Rearsets!

and for the ones who like: one more pic of the bike as it is....

Im so happy with the lines of the bike, i might make the seat-to-tank part a bit smaller, and the seat a little shorter but for now. YEEEEEHHH :D i know i know, got tons of work to do before a real yeaah but well im just happy the way this bike starts to look :)

you should get on of these to get the grinding on the triple tree looking better
https://images.otto.de/asset/mmo/formatz/dremel-8200-2-45-6770374.jpg

I used it after an agle grinder on my forks, and it looks smooth as anything

jsnabbs said:
you should get on of these to get the grinding on the triple tree looking better
https://images.otto.de/asset/mmo/formatz/dremel-8200-2-45-6770374.jpg

I used it after an agle grinder on my forks, and it looks smooth as anything

thats on my wish now :D thanks

So a update on the cb400f

And now the seat n tank line is done, im starting on the tear-down

Started cleaning the front rim and front forks. and with a lot of love and some patience i managed to get all the rust of the rim, the spokes still have to be redone.

And made a lot of progress on the tripple tree :D

Question, to get the engine out of the frame i need to get the fron part of the engine out, the bolt that is there is freaking stuck so im kinda doubting if im turning at the right bolt, does any of you can help me out on a manual of a cb400f?

this week ill put some layers of fiberglass over the seat and the seat-to-tank part (the seat and tank part wil not be attached to the tank)
And hopefully get the engine out so i can continue de-tabbing the frame and get it all cleaned out.

Thats it for now, thanks for watching

The triple tree cleaned up nice! I think Westland Customs will be able to lace your wheels, they have a truing stand at least.

After spraying the tripple tree with some primer i could find see the little wholes/pits a bit better, so i got myself some putty and put it on, in the meanwhile i sanded it down, and now it is a sweet ass clean tripple tree ready for paint.

(more pics of it later)

To get the engine out i have to remove the ( dont know the name., closed engine part to front wheel )
but there is a really rusted/twisted bold in it,

how do i get this one out?​

Back
Top Bottom