Ninja 500 Front end on a 71 CB350

CB350

Been Around the Block
I was at a local Japanese motorcycle parts store a few days ago discussing my CB350's problems. (Greg from OhioCaferacers.com is going to help me get it running turns out we live about 20 minutes from each other, I do appreciate all the help everyone gave me here.) I drop the carbs off this weekend and I might have him do a tune up too.

Anyway, a guy at this parts shop said a Kawasaki Ninja 500 front end and rear wheel could be mounted right on the Honda.

Does anyone know if that's true? Greg seemed to think it isn't true. (Sorry for speaking for you Greg, correct me if I misunderstood your answer when I asked you that question on the phone).

Highly unlikely the wheels will bolt on without any modifications. But why would you use the Ninja wheels? Aren't they 17" cast aluminum? It really wouldn't look right on the 350. Stick with the original 18 spoked wheels and later on if you're budget allows you can upgrade to alloy rims with stainless spokes and that would look awesome.

Originally it was more for the disc brakes than anything else. That said from what I've been told the stock drums do very well. Now, I'm just curious.

If you want a disc on the front, get a front end from a 73, the last year of the cb350 and the only one with the front disc. That will bolt right on and has the funky rubber fork boots.

The front end *might* work?

As you can see below the inner diameter of the bearings is the same. The only thing you have to check is if the bearing surfaces on both stems are pretty close to being in the same area. That make sense?

Ninja front end has steering stem bearings of this size.
Upper: 26 x 47 x 15
Lower: 30 x 55 x 17

Cb350 has bearings of this size.
Upper: 26 x 48.5 x 15.2
Lower: 30 x 50 x 14.4

I know Greg has a newer GSXR front-end (and wheels) on one of his bikes.
I like the inverted front-ends, but I cant stand the newer sportbike wheels...

Back
Top Bottom