Looking for Indy area engine help/shop

fluke12

Been Around the Block
Hey everyone in central Indiana, I'm working on a low compression issue on my 72 cl350 and I think I have it narrowed down to my valves. I was hoping to have someone with more experience/a shop take a look and see if I need my seats cut. I'd be awesome if I could watch and learn too.

Anyone have any good contacts or shops?

Thanks.

I don't have any recommendations for shops but more often than not a solid valve adjustment helps. Also a pb blaster soak inside the cylinders for 24-48hrs has proven to help release rings on the older motors thus getting better compression. If you find a solid shop or get it sorted please post up. I'm very curious what the outcome will be.

Keith

Yeah my motor is already apart. Tried adjusting valves first cause that's easier. Checked rings and just about everything else so I think it comes down to my valves. I tried lapping them but even then, I'm not sure I have a good seat so a shop or someone who's done it enough before would really be helpful.

Quinlans in Indy has done some work for a few buddies. Both seem very pleased with the work.

Keith

I'll give them a call tomorrow and see if I can get an estimate. Anyone else have anyone they can recommend?

Dropped off parts today. I'll let you guys know how the whole process goes. They seemed like pretty decent guys.

Back
Top Bottom