Fork Rebuild

Ease

83 XJ650RK, 77 TS-250
A friend of mine recently purchased an 82 400t Hawk - which I'll be doing most of the work on while converting it to a 'sort of' cafe bike (more of a race/street bike look - the Hawk's aren't really much for cafe bikes).
The P.O. swapped out the front end from an older model because the forks from the newer bike needed to be rebuilt.
The problem is - the new bike had comstars and a disc brake, while the older front end (currently installed) has a drum brake (that is not safe at all) and spokes.
SO My problem now, is that the forks off of the drum setup do not accept the caliper... so I need to completely rebuild the forks from the newer setup... And I have never done it.
I have the springs, lowers and uppers... possibly some more stuff but I just don't know what to look for.

P.S. I have an extra set of carbs (Honda CB400T) if someone wants to trade for some good shocks with the disc brake mounts.

P.S.S. The guy is throwing a CB450 in the trash on tuesday... I want it soo bad (to turn in to a street tracker like eurodave http://dotheton.com/index.php?topic=469.msg3302#msg3302)... He said I could take it but I have no room. I'm gonna regret this so much.

Back
Top Bottom