www.speedmotoco.com

www.cognitomoto.com

www.townmoto.com

www.sparckmoto.com

www.Moto-Madness.com

www.pistonsociety.com

www.steeltowngarage.com

GET DTT UPDATES ON FACEBOOK AND TWITTER

Author Topic: $50 mod thread  (Read 301777 times)

Offline Wee Todd

Re: $50 mod thread
« Reply #40 on: Dec 19, 2008, 00:09:03 »
Right on the money boy!! the joke is to ask someone(usually female units) to read and say out loud"I am sofa king wee todd did" good party joke when the blonde(s) or fire heads(red heads) are partially buzzed,,,,,sometimes it's just amazing they can read ::) ::) ::).................................. ;D
I am sofa king wee todd did !!

Offline sgt. slick

« Reply #41 on: Dec 19, 2008, 00:43:40 »
Ok here's mine on making a cafe seat using the foam from the inside of a spare helmet. Still in progress but def. under $50.
http://dotheton.com/index.php?topic=6569.0

Offline mysta2

• DTT BOTM WINNER
« Reply #42 on: Dec 19, 2008, 01:18:30 »
Afterthought bracket:

Tools:
Saw of some sort (or a CNC mill)
Drill
Taps

I cut mine with a big expensive machine... but that part can be done by hand by anyone.

and I tore the light itself off a dirtbike in a junkyard... I think he charged me a couple bucks for it.

Does anyone who can type know anything more about this forklift brake lining thing? I think I might want to look into it. Pictures? Forklifts don't normally have stop suddenly from 60 mph.
« Last Edit: Dec 19, 2008, 01:20:24 by mysta2 »

Offline boomshakalaka

« Reply #43 on: Dec 19, 2008, 03:52:31 »
my guess would be that it has to do with the lifting part of the contraption, not the rolling part.

Offline Represto

« Reply #44 on: Dec 19, 2008, 05:37:55 »
I'm told one in three has the X chromezone,and one in six has the Y chromezone's,,geanneticlee faultered,,,,geniealigists blame it on in breading(hallowoween is fun here,, pump KIN),,,,,,and were told this happens in the Ozarks too,,I saw the movie,,deliveredance ::) ::) it's amazing that some folks take this seriously ;D ;D.thanks for the compliment and again I apoligise to referring to you as a :o,,,well I apoligised!!,,,,,,,cb 350 and cb 550 I have a welf of knoelige ;D ;D(couldn't resist, lmao).......forgot just one thing,,if I wasn't warped...I would have no funs!!!!!!!

Poster of the year award candidate!

Also, thread of the year candidate!

Offline xdk_elfe

• '71 CB350
« Reply #45 on: Dec 19, 2008, 12:09:54 »
Poster of the year award candidate!

Also, thread of the year candidate!
+1!
"That was way stupider than I expected"

Offline souperman

« Reply #46 on: Dec 20, 2008, 16:50:30 »
Here's a cheap way to pack or repack de-baffled pipes for a deeper sound:

http://www.motorcycle-journal.com/forum/marauder-m50-secret-hideaway/32124-m50-fiberglass-rebaffle-low-merged.html

A friend who rides a Suzuki showed me this link, but it looks to be something you could do to just about any muffler.  I'm giving it a shot on my CB500T's after market pipes.

Offline JRK5892

• The Powder Pro
« Reply #47 on: Dec 20, 2008, 16:53:59 »
that is an AWESOME trick!!!!
Joe
"your life is an occasion, Stand up to it"
www.thepowderpro.com

recent builds: Hd street bob, TX cafe, KZ bratt, Goldwing tour, bratt wing, st fighter, road king, vriago bobber, chop, FXD, 1200 sporty, 1200xl sporty, GSXR, Royal enfield.. and more

Offline Deviant1

« Reply #48 on: Dec 20, 2008, 21:28:51 »
 ;D I'm gonna do that! Great idea and execution on that dude! I wanted one of the BCR bezels, but I'm alergic to spending that much on a headlight bezel. And now a sloution!
'That's the VJMC. They don't like us... because we cut shit up." -Tim @ Barber 2010

Offline JRK5892

• The Powder Pro
« Reply #49 on: Dec 29, 2008, 02:28:06 »
cheap levers...
so on my TX 500 i have 2 diff leavers... i am cheap so i do not want to buy new ones... here is what i do on all my bikes levers...
First mark where you want to make your cut... i like to cut the balls off the ends my levers....

then use a grinder, belt sander, what ever to smooth them out... on harleys i typically will square them off on this bike i just made a smooth oval on the end... then media blast them... sanding works just fine...

then just paint them... either that or polish them... but paint is easy... a powder coater will typically charge like 5 bucks a lever...

I powdered mine, as with the rest of the bike i mixed in a bit of brass flake... but here are the pics... super easy and almost free if you polish... plus it looks cool as hell on the bike

Joe
"your life is an occasion, Stand up to it"
www.thepowderpro.com

recent builds: Hd street bob, TX cafe, KZ bratt, Goldwing tour, bratt wing, st fighter, road king, vriago bobber, chop, FXD, 1200 sporty, 1200xl sporty, GSXR, Royal enfield.. and more