Wiring help

dminner

Okay, so I just got a set of clubman bars and the throttle control (with the kill switch, start button, etc) and the front brake w/ the master cyclinder just wont fit on the bar together.

fitment.jpg

So this is what I would like to do.

I would like to get a small univeral throttle like this one (just scroll down on the page):

http://www.crc2onlinecatalog.com/Index_Main_Frame.htm.

This would clear up some room so that the front brake assembly would fit. Then I would just need to relocate the headlight and kill switches and the start button as i would no longer be using the stock throttle assembly. But, does it matter what kind of switches i used. Can I just get basic toggle switches for the headlight and kill switchs and if I get the right kind of switch can I just plug the same wires from the wiring harness into them (I know each swicth has two wires from the stock harness and ground and a power). What kind of switch would I need for the start button, so that I could plug the stock 2 wires into the new switch?

Thanks for the help guys, I know nothing about this electrical stuff.

if the master cylinder is hitting the gauges, another option is to raise the gauges to get some clearance. here's 2 pics of my old cb450 where i attached the gauges to the handlebar bolts:

Why not just remove the speedo and mount the Tac on the other side?
Who needs the Speedo anyhow?.. Its the Tach that you want...
DrJ did that on this cb350 and it looks WICKED!!...

Or you can just bend the tach/speedo bracket upwards so that the gauges face you more.
That should give you more clearance. That would be easier than rewiring everything... (and cheaper)

I actually got rid of the tach and kept the speedo with the trip meter. I never get close to redling so the tach wasn't necessary.

Back
Top Bottom