78 GS550 Seat, tail/light, rear fender, turn signals, mirrors FS/FT for Carbs

Rywilly

In the process of cafe'ing my 78 GS550, so I have all this stuff sitting around taking up space,

Seat is in excellent condition, no rips or tears looks new
Tail
Tail light
All 4 Turn signals
Mirrors
Right Side Cover Black plastic w/ badge
I also have a universal Spitfire windshield

Not sure on all the prices - make me an offer. Or trade a mix of this stuff for some clean rebuilt GS550 Carbs

Here's a link to some pictures: https://flic.kr/p/GBLhM2

Is the seat flat? Or does it have the slight hump/rise in the back pillion seating area? If flat and in good condition, PM me pictures please.

Rywilly said:
BUMP, still for sale. Carbs are gone though.

I may be interested in the seat. I need a good seat pan especially. Please PM me or email pictures. yahoo .com email addy is chuck_lambert78

What carbs are you running that you sold the stockers? Did you go big bore and megacycle cams in the engine to necessitate some CR26 carbs and ported head? Dynoman Performance sells 630cc big bore kits for this bike, GS650 top ends bolt on with crankcase clearancing and a thicker custom base gasket and GS550 cam sprockets if you use the 650 cams. These bikes can be real rippers of the vintage middleweight superbike type with the right tweaks, Honda-eaters! Sadly so many of them just get scrapped and parted out after suffering sad fates... the stock regulator rectifiers are GARBAGE and there are a few wiring mods to do when installing an upgraded unit (4012941 from a Polarus ATV! beware of the chinese copies though, must say Shindengen SH775 on it!). Add an ignition relay mod to the bike (as with ALL vintage bikes - they all need this), and you have a bulletproof dead reliable bike!

P.S. if you chop the back of your frame of with a hacksaw, do it in a way that it can be welded back on, and save it, as the bike is worth about 40% more in stock form than most average "Cafe" projects. I've saved the rears of all my untitled scrapped frames in the event that I can hopefully start rescuing the hoards of aborted amarteur cafe hipster wannabe art bike projects and return them to beyond their former and/or original glory as vintage sports machines in the superbike realm...

Sorry, seat is gone. I’ll hold on to the back end for sure. I haven’t done the 650 swap. I’m not quite savvy enough for that. I’m back to the original carbs, someone just moded them trying to smooth out the throttle for some reason, so I had to remove the little extra pump and plug the holes. It was a pain. I ended up selling the KZ carbs I had that I thought about swapping out.

Hey dude those were not the original carbs if they had an accelerator pump!!!! They are VM24 pumper carbs for a kz650. It would take immense work to fit the accelerator pump onto a set of VM22 GS550 carb bodies. And the accelerator pump would not cause any tuning issues as you can basically tune/adjust their action out of the picture. I would have traded a set of GS550 VM22's for an unmodified set of KZ650 VM24 pumpers.

Do you have the accelerator pump parts and fuel bowls still? I may be interested in those as well.

Back
Top Bottom