Derbi GPR 50

teddpage

Over 1,000 Posts
DUDES! Its been a while.
I havent been active here in a few years, looks like a lot of new members joined up!

In the meantime, ive bought a house and kinda sidelined some of my motorcycle projects (you all know how that is...)
I still have the Honda CB450, i ride it maybe 400 or 500 miles each year, but time constraints dictate that.
I had to get rid of the Ducati racebike i had in order to buy the house, but have since bought a 1999(?) Derbi GPR 50 from a fellow USCRA racer and hope to campaign it for a few races this year. Bought it as a racebike already, even though the guy who had it before me didnt do much too it to convert it, the h

orn was hooked up and even worked. I gave the bike a quick once over and figured i needed to get rid of the factory controls and order a standalone clutch lever and throttle. New tires were ordered as well.
The bike came equipped with a Jolly Moto pipe and a 24mm Mikuni Flatslide carb. Seems to run well for a high strung 50cc smoker, but i'll have a better idea of how its running when i get her on track.
As always, here's a few pictures of the scoot.

20160520_094444 by tp_ridr4lif, on Flickr

20160520_094428 by tp_ridr4lif, on Flickr

20160520_094436 by tp_ridr4lif, on Flickr

20160520_094452 by tp_ridr4lif, on Flickr

Future plans are basically strip it down to the bare essentials, CDI ignition with cutoff switch, swap out to Airtech Streamlining race tail and new front fairing and just overall tidy up the bike so its basic as possible / light as possible.

Thanks for looking!

Sweet. She's a cutie.

Reminds me of the first time I saw a Cagiva Mito. Hmm Wonder if that motor would fit.............................

Haha thanks guys! I raced a friends Dream 50R ( rated at 8ish HP at i think 12,000 rpm)last year and had a BLAST. So I went on a hunt for a 50cc bike and stumbled across this. Payed 1500 bux for it.
Hopefully I go racing in about a month and see how competitive it really is.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using DO THE TON mobile app

Looks like it will be a blast to race. The small bikes are so much more fun than the liter bikes.

Looks like fun! I love light and small, it makes for a lot of fun on my 350f, since the bike weighs 320 lbs, and i'm only 150. Makes for great power to weight ;D

I've never raced a 50 but riding a 450 supermoto in the fast group on track days is fun especially if the track is a bit twisty. Nothing like passing liter bikes and 600's in the twisty parts ;D Your dead meat on the straights of course :D. Shred on that little thing! hope you are are about 5-8 and 140lbs ;D

johnu said:
I've never raced a 50 but riding a 450 supermoto in the fast group on track days is fun especially if the track is a bit twisty. Nothing like passing liter bikes and 600's in the twisty parts ;D Your dead meat on the straights of course :D . Shred on that little thing! hope you are are about 5-8 and 140lbs ;D

Haha, unfortuately im about 5'9" and about 190 lbs...but this bike is giving me the ambition to lose a few lbs! hahahaha

Little bikes are the best fun! Here in Aus we've got the bucket racing association - Ive got a Moriwaki MH80 that is an absolute blast around track.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1466460402313.jpg
    FB_IMG_1466460402313.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 448
Back
Top Bottom