First build ever

Ok so after 3 hours of work was able to get parts on
And front end on
Had to pull triple off the cb750f frame I had
Because steering stem wasn’t long enough on the cb450 k6 forks I got
I had to use both shims that came with kit so I have a 1980 cb750 triple that has a different off set than the triple I planned on and I still have to buy a fork seal kit to put on the cl450 lowers that have the drum brake mounting and a 450 axel because it’s a lil longer to make up for the distance
Oh and cut and grind down the handle bar mounts drill and tap holes to make a switch mounting plate

Was only able to install half of rearsets as the brake side kit came with no instructions and 2 dirrent peices neither which I can use with original parts
So I have to mod a 225$ bolt on bike specific kit???
Fun

Sent from my iPhone using DO THE TON

Here he is beefy front

Attachments

• IMG_0080.JPG
    IMG_0080.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 189
  • IMG_0082.JPG
    IMG_0082.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 189
I got a little carried away making vacuum adapters so everyone waiting for carbs, parts and vac adapterswill have to wait yet another day. I thought I had 25 pairs (50 total) but turns out I have 41 ???
Not quite finished, still have to turn taper on them but this took me just about all day (until 4:30 when I had to pick up Jaxon from daycare)
Drilling the hole down middle is most time consuming part, because it's only 5/64" the swarf builds up in drill flutes and drill has to be removed from hole multiple times to clear it. I was using 1/16" drill but because they are shorter I had to drill from both ends so adapters took even longer to make

Attachments

• Few vacuum adapters.JPG
    Few vacuum adapters.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 183
crazypj said:
I got a little carried away making vacuum adapters so everyone waiting for carbs, parts and vac adapterswill have to wait yet another day. I thought I had 25 pairs (50 total) but turns out I have 41 (???)
Not quite finished, still have to turn taper on them but this took me just about all day (until 4:30 when I had to pick up Jaxon from daycare)
Sweet one of those sets is mine
They look great
Did you ever find ur dremel??

onefromexile said:
Sweet one of those sets is mine
They look great
Did you ever find ur dremel??

About to measure mad numbers try to use the rake and trail calculator to figure my new numbers
With the k-7 triple it’s off set 50mm so Ijust want to make sure I’m in good

If I’m a lil unstable I can put a damper it has mounts all ready

Numbers look very similar to before
Very little change in handling I suspect
Plus I planned on raising back 1 inch with slightly longer rear shocks that will lower my trail a lil but still be in a good spot

Attachments

• IMG_0083.jpg
    IMG_0083.jpg
    186.5 KB · Views: 191
Not yet but garage is getting a bit cleaner ;D
I need it to de-burr starter plug. So far, I know where it isn't ::)
I don't think anyone realises just how much work goes into something as simple as a vacuum adapter,.
AS I mentioned, drilling hole is biggest PITA but I'm 'chasing' the threads by hand at present to make sure they screw all the way down, the lead in taper on die plus short thread length means the thread isn't 'full' for the full 6mm length.
Everyone is 'getting lucky' with this run, I bought wrong O-rings for float bowl drain screws so rather than 'waste' them I'm going to fit them on adapters (not sure they need it, I've been using 'bare thread into carb for years)
I should have adapters, starter plug in mail tomorrow afternoon, not going to taper all 41, just the 3 sets I need to mail out
You almost always end up with more trail when you have less offset the only time you end up with less is if forks are much shorter than stock. Always amazed me how little the CCS classic racers actually knew anbout varying stuff, the general consensus was less trail made bike steer quicker but they almost entirely had more trail with less offset and 'raved' about how much better things were. I gave up trying to explain very quickly :eek:

onefromexile said:
If you got my carbs mailed out
Already???
Starter plug and adapters shouldn’t be too much postage
Coulda saved on ship

Yes for syncing
Necessary
I’m running mods on engine and had crazy do my carbs
So I’ll be fine tuning for a lil and break in
But well worth it
Will send pictures of carbs when I get in mail
Crazy did his thing

CrabsAndCylinders said:
What are these for, Crazy, syncing carbs?

Specific for CB360 and variants (CJ and 250's)
Even though Kawasaki used same carbs on some KZ400's, they used different vac adapters

onefromexile said:
If you got my carbs mailed out
Already???
Starter plug and adapters shouldn’t be too much postage
Coulda saved on ship

I was going to mail them Thursday, (then Friday) but didn't get out of the house.
Was hoping to get them out today but got carried away cleaning out some of garage to be able to get to mini lathe then several hours machining (or pulling stuff in and out of chuck)
I'll put everything in one box tomorrow.
It's probably less than 3 oz. for the 'extras' vac adapters probably weigh more than starter plug with screws and washers? ;D

crazypj said:
Specific for CB360 and variants (CJ and 250's)
Even though Kawasaki used same carbs on some KZ400's, they used different vac adapters

I was going to mail them Thursday, (then Friday) but didn't get out of the house.
Was hoping to get them out today but got carried away cleaning out some of garage to be able to get to mini lathe then several hours machining (or pulling stuff in and out of chuck)
I'll put everything in one box tomorrow.
It's probably less than 3 oz. for the 'extras' vac adapters probably weigh more than starter plug with screws and washers? ;D
Sweet good stuff man good stuff

crazypj said:
I got a little carried away making vacuum adapters so everyone waiting for carbs, parts and vac adapterswill have to wait yet another day. I thought I had 25 pairs (50 total) but turns out I have 41 ???
Drilling the hole down middle is most time consuming part, because it's only 5/64" the swarf builds up in drill flutes and drill has to be removed from hole multiple times to clear it. I was using 1/16" drill but because they are shorter I had to drill from both ends so adapters took even longer to make

exciting! if everyone here doesn't take them first sling 'em on my website! ;)

crazypj said:
Will do 8)
So I’m showing of my jewelry
Rebuilt and modded
By crazypj
Couldn’t have asked for a better job
Age and wisdom and patience shows in your work
There is no other
Thx crazy

Attachments

• IMG_0150.JPG
    IMG_0150.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 191
  • IMG_0151.JPG
    IMG_0151.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 195
Also showing pictures of my under belly I call it
And where it’s at now with bigger fork diameter clip ons rear sets cowl with quarter turn fastener tabs
I have to order longer reach fasteners
I had lil half inch long ones
And some finish work after that and seat is all ready for pad and fabric
I’m going to make a removable seat pat that snaps on to cowl with button snaps and just wraps over the hump about an inch
I’ll see if I can draw up a good illustration I suck at photo shop

Attachments

• IMG_0136.JPG
    IMG_0136.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 192
  • IMG_0137.JPG
    IMG_0137.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 194
  • IMG_0140.JPG
    IMG_0140.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 200
  • IMG_0139.JPG
    IMG_0139.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 205
onefromexile said:
Also showing pictures of my under belly I call it
And where it’s at now with bigger fork diameter clip ons rear sets cowl with quarter turn fastener tabs
I have to order longer reach fasteners
I had lil half inch long ones
And some finish work after that and seat is all ready for pad and fabric
I’m going to make a removable seat pat that snaps on to cowl with button snaps and just wraps over the hump about an inch
I’ll see if I can draw up a good illustration I suck at photo shop
It’s all mock up and fittment stages but I’m getting closer and far from where he was

onefromexile said:
So I’m showing of my jewelry
Rebuilt and modded
By crazypj
Couldn’t have asked for a better job
Age and wisdom and patience shows in your work
There is no other
Thx crazy
emoji13.png

I think yours are where I put top cap screws 'safe' then couldn't remember where so fitted stainless Allen bolts (found them yesterday ;D )

It's all starting to come together, looking very '1965' there ( the hight of 'Mods and Rockers' and cafe racers)

So here is an illustration of the look I want for my seat cushion
Thinking of using a thick canvas material so it can be unsnapped and washed

Attachments

• Image1526012461.193630.jpg
    Image1526012461.193630.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 221
Back
Top Bottom