www.speedmotoco.com

www.cognitomoto.com

www.townmoto.com

www.sparckmoto.com

www.Moto-Madness.com

www.pistonsociety.com

www.steeltowngarage.com

GET DTT UPDATES ON FACEBOOK AND TWITTER

Author Topic: Explain your dtt name  (Read 7642 times)

Offline haircuttergirl

• DTT SUPPORTER
Re: Explain your dtt name
« Reply #50 on: Oct 12, 2016, 21:25:50 »
Mine is my last name spelled backwards Slightom.  Didn't even think about it until a friend brought it to my attention back in highschool (about 15 years ago).

Hahaha!  I know your last name and I never made the connection!
+1 Andrew. Too funny!

Offline Ply318ci

« Reply #51 on: Oct 12, 2016, 22:29:04 »
You need to get that car back, put a 383 innit and call it a Roadrunner.

I wish. I can hardly afford the work I do on bikes. I was going to bore and stroke the 318, would get close to a 383 in size just need better heads but I moved to Hawaii instead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Tune-A-Fish©

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • BOTM LOSER Proudly Deplorable
« Reply #52 on: Oct 12, 2016, 22:53:57 »
Years ago I had a riding buddy in Fairbanks named Juan.  For some unknown reason I started calling him "Obi-Juan" so he started calling me "Ride Solo" and then even started calling my bike the Millennium Turtle.  There is an Alaska MC license plate on the wall of my shop from that era; "TURTLE".

You win.
"I didn't come here and I ain't leavin"  Willie Nelson

"love hard, live fast, die fun" Kacey Musgraves

"Like a Wreckin Ball!" Eric Church

Offline CrabsAndCylinders

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • Careful With That Axe Eugene
« Reply #53 on: Oct 12, 2016, 23:09:46 »
Mine is obvious and boring but I used to be known as Wasted, for reasons we do not need to discuss at this time.  I had written in quotation marks on my H2, "Waste Makes Hast", shoulda used Wasted here.
Lighter, Quicker, Faster.
ZX-14, 900F x 2, 1100F, R100, CBR600, SR500, GT500, RZ350, KZ1000 x 2, Moto Guzzi Lemans lll, CBX550, RD 350, 750 SOHC police special, RG250, TL1000R, GT750, KTM Super Duke 1290 R, Harris/Z-1, Norton 750 Commando, Green 77 KZ650

Offline spotty

• Vmax...why,yes i think i will
    • spottys world of vmax (and great danes)
« Reply #54 on: Oct 12, 2016, 23:38:58 »
mine was given to me a long time ago by a housemate who noticed that I always seemed to be bleeding (on the floor, furniture, cats, whatever was around)
how I got to be 'spotty' is a different story though......

when I was 5, i'd been kept indoors for a few days because of rain (who'd have thought eh, rain in the north of England), when I was allowed out to play in the backyard, I ran straight down to the hole i'd dug several days previously and jumped in. unbeknownst to me a nest of European wasps had moved in during those few days....
I was stung several hundred times, nearly died a bit, but survived. since that day any time I get stung, bitten, scratched etc the resulting wound will get infected, skin peels off and the resulting scab/sore will hang around up to 6 months (have one spider bite that's at least 6 years old now). medical types have advised me that my DNA was actually altered by the massive amounts of wasp goo entering my quite small body
hence copping the name Spotty.
it doesn't bother me in the slightest and I use it on the radio and as my DJ name when working. I've had jobs where no-one except the pay dept knew my real name. most everyone except mrs spotty and my family just calls me spot, mr spot or spotty
I also use Spotarama on some sites to express the whole big wide world of Spottyism
short fast loud, three things punk rock and vmaxs have in common

south of the border, down melbourne way

Offline Oz350Four

« Reply #55 on: Oct 13, 2016, 01:43:31 »
My first build of the bike type (CB350 Four) and forum name.  However the guys I played hockey with (ice for those back here) named me Croc... there was a bunch of Canadians and Americans on my team at time and within the first 60 seconds of game starting the gloves where off and all hell broke loose... During drinks after the game one of the Canadian guys claimed "he chewed that guy up just like a croc"... stuck for 35 of years...
"Me speed officer... never..!!"

1972 Honda CB350 Four - Project Ol' Red
2007 Harley Davidson Softail Deuce - sold to start this project

Offline HerrDeacon

• DTT SUPPORTER
« Reply #56 on: Oct 13, 2016, 04:48:23 »
medical types have advised me that my DNA was actually altered by the massive amounts of wasp goo entering my quite small body

Kinda like Spiderman, awesome! Any super powers? :)
Perry

1972 Honda CB350 K4 / 1978 Honda XL250S /1982 Honda MB5 / 2014 Honda CB500X

Offline pacomotorstuff

• DTT SUPPORTER
« Reply #57 on: Oct 13, 2016, 08:57:14 »
My DTT handle / company name “Pacomotorstuff” was created about 15 years ago, on the spur of the moment, when I was registering my company (in Ontario, Canada).  Had all the forms filled out, registration fees paid, etc. etc., when the clerk reviewing the paperwork said my original name choice “PaCoMotors “ was too close to another registered company name, so she couldn’t approve my application.   Rather than begin the whole process again, I added “tuff” to the end, got rid of the cap C in the name and handed the form back to her.  BTW, Pa = Patrick (Pat) and Co = Cowan (my surname) but a lot of folks have called me Paco ever since.
Pat

Offline Deviant1

« Reply #58 on: Oct 13, 2016, 10:45:16 »
I stole mine from Eric

Sent from my iPhone using DO THE TON
'That's the VJMC. They don't like us... because we cut shit up." -Tim @ Barber 2010

Offline irk miller

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • DTT BOTM WINNER
  • You've been mostly-dead all day.
« Reply #59 on: Oct 13, 2016, 11:11:51 »
I stole mine from Eric

Sent from my iPhone using DO THE TON
Haha.  If the app would've warned me about names that are close, I'd probably go different.  At least we can have fun with it.  LOL