Explain your dtt name

Finnigan was a name I gave to a girl at a party when I didn't want her knowing my real name -which is Joey-, I got it from a movie I watched that day. My friends referred to 'Finn' as my inebriated alter ego since.

When I was a kid visiting the seaside, while other kids were building sand castles / whatever - I would be , well - Beachcombing. ::)

My Mother gave me the tag "TJ" - only ever known as "Terence John" when something was amiss / bouts of naughtiness. ! But the Beachcombing thing carried on into adulthood, and my kids soon picked up the same habit. My Mother commenting "where are the Beachcombers" on various family holidays.

When CBs were illegal in the UK [ yes REALLY ] I was one of the first in the Midlands to import rigs and twigs from Belgium, selling them on to my speed shop and Hot Rod customers.

With my family name Sands, it was a given that my handle became "Beachcomber" - that stuck and spilled over into normal life.

Given name is Andrew, but my mom loved Drew. ::)

About 40 years ago, I was preparing to marry a beautiful blonde of Czech origin. At a large family function prior to our wedding, one of the extended family said if I was going to be part of the 'family', I should have a Czech name. My wife's family name, and most of the rest of the extended family's names, ended in 'ski'. "Armstrongski" wasn't going to cut it, but "Drewski" seemed like a good fit. ;)

And they all lived happily ever after... :D

Luugo was the nickname my Greatgrandfather gave me when I was young, he was full blood Onondaga Native American.. He told me the the roughest meaning in it for English was 'one who seeks trouble' lol

mothgils said:
Mine is my last name spelled backwards Slightom. Didn't even think about it until a friend brought it to my attention back in highschool (about 15 years ago).

Hahaha! I know your last name and I never made the connection!

Years ago I had a riding buddy in Fairbanks named Juan. For some unknown reason I started calling him "Obi-Juan" so he started calling me "Ride Solo" and then even started calling my bike the Millennium Turtle. There is an Alaska MC license plate on the wall of my shop from that era; "TURTLE".

mothgils said:
Mine is my last name spelled backwards Slightom. Didn't even think about it until a friend brought it to my attention back in highschool (about 15 years ago).

Flugtechnik said:
Hahaha! I know your last name and I never made the connection!
+1 Andrew. Too funny!

deviant said:
You need to get that car back, put a 383 innit and call it a Roadrunner.

I wish. I can hardly afford the work I do on bikes. I was going to bore and stroke the 318, would get close to a 383 in size just need better heads but I moved to Hawaii instead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ridesolo said:
Years ago I had a riding buddy in Fairbanks named Juan. For some unknown reason I started calling him "Obi-Juan" so he started calling me "Ride Solo" and then even started calling my bike the Millennium Turtle. There is an Alaska MC license plate on the wall of my shop from that era; "TURTLE".

You win.

Mine is obvious and boring but I used to be known as Wasted, for reasons we do not need to discuss at this time. I had written in quotation marks on my H2, "Waste Makes Hast", shoulda used Wasted here.

mine was given to me a long time ago by a housemate who noticed that I always seemed to be bleeding (on the floor, furniture, cats, whatever was around)
how I got to be 'spotty' is a different story though......

when I was 5, i'd been kept indoors for a few days because of rain (who'd have thought eh, rain in the north of England), when I was allowed out to play in the backyard, I ran straight down to the hole i'd dug several days previously and jumped in. unbeknownst to me a nest of European wasps had moved in during those few days....
I was stung several hundred times, nearly died a bit, but survived. since that day any time I get stung, bitten, scratched etc the resulting wound will get infected, skin peels off and the resulting scab/sore will hang around up to 6 months (have one spider bite that's at least 6 years old now). medical types have advised me that my DNA was actually altered by the massive amounts of wasp goo entering my quite small body
hence copping the name Spotty.
it doesn't bother me in the slightest and I use it on the radio and as my DJ name when working. I've had jobs where no-one except the pay dept knew my real name. most everyone except mrs spotty and my family just calls me spot, mr spot or spotty
I also use Spotarama on some sites to express the whole big wide world of Spottyism

My first build of the bike type (CB350 Four) and forum name. However the guys I played hockey with (ice for those back here) named me Croc... there was a bunch of Canadians and Americans on my team at time and within the first 60 seconds of game starting the gloves where off and all hell broke loose... During drinks after the game one of the Canadian guys claimed "he chewed that guy up just like a croc"... stuck for 35 of years...

spotty said:
medical types have advised me that my DNA was actually altered by the massive amounts of wasp goo entering my quite small body

Kinda like Spiderman, awesome! Any super powers? :)

My DTT handle / company name “Pacomotorstuff” was created about 15 years ago, on the spur of the moment, when I was registering my company (in Ontario, Canada). Had all the forms filled out, registration fees paid, etc. etc., when the clerk reviewing the paperwork said my original name choice “PaCoMotors “ was too close to another registered company name, so she couldn’t approve my application. Rather than begin the whole process again, I added “tuff” to the end, got rid of the cap C in the name and handed the form back to her. BTW, Pa = Patrick (Pat) and Co = Cowan (my surname) but a lot of folks have called me Paco ever since.
Pat

Deviant1 said:
I stole mine from Eric

Sent from my iPhone using DO THE TON
Haha. If the app would've warned me about names that are close, I'd probably go different. At least we can have fun with it. LOL

Back
Top Bottom