Knockoff Mikuni Flatslide Triple Carb Setup on Yamaha XS750

danson

The machine shop borked my original carbs (well, one of them) so I decided to buy some flatslides and see if those will work. The original setup is one cable and a rod that connects the three throttles. How do I go about getting a 3 into 1 cable set up that will work with flatslide carbs? Anyone been down this road?

somebody may jump in here and correct me if im wrong but i think you need a push/pull type throttle for flat slides as the vacuum will cause the slide to stick.

I will run Mikuni BST36SS off of a Triumph Sprint 900 (all T300 series Mikunis will fit) on my XS750.
They are a straight fit besides some minor mods.
They are membrane flatslides and also used on some suzi bandit models so parts are easy to get.
f165c476ce50a020343628097dfc3e9b.jpg
861c07a795d0d1af46ee31ba88f60567.jpg

Sent from my SM-A310F using DO THE TON mobile app

danson said:
How do I go about getting a 3 into 1 cable set up that will work with flatslide carbs? Anyone been down this road?

Yup, NVT-Bsa in the 70ies had you solution. What you want is a 3in1 cable-splitter for a BSA/Triumph Trident from the 70ies. Still available via Amal in the UK (and ebay as a result). Now you may fit three individual carbs which are operated with by a single cable each.

doc_rot said:
somebody may jump in here and correct me if im wrong but i think you need a push/pull type throttle for flat slides as the vacuum will cause the slide to stick.

It's generally wiser to have a return cable, but no there's a throttle return spring in these carbs, which is quite stiff, so working that throttle can be a bit strong...

Cheers,
Greg

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Kawasaki-NEW-H2750-Black-Throttle-Combination-Cable-72-75-H2-750-/371847073308?hash=item5693d00e1c:g:9gQAAOSwu4BVnuRZ&vxp=mtr

it might but the way the cable fits into those chinese carbs is not that same as a genuine mikuni

so if you fit it make sure the slide goes to the idle position

Back
Top Bottom