Help, my 83' xv920 Cafe Build is really low! :(

heusafff

Hello, I have a problem and I need some advice and help. I am building a 1983 Yamaha XV920mk cafe racer and it's really low. I have an 06 R1 front end with 120/80-17 tire and a 2nd gen rear wheel with 140/90-15 tire. I can't even use my side stand because it's leaning on the other side. Please help

So you can manage to swap front and rear ends but can't manage to shorten a sidestand? :eek:

But in all seriousness, if the sidestand is the issue cut a piece out and weld it back together.
If it's really too low then you made the wrong decisions on components.
The r1 is a low bike, the forks are short.

If you want longer front forks I would us an 2000 Honda RC51 SP1 front end. It's, I believe, 30" gives you a little extra. Only the sp1 is longer not the sp2 from what I've found. You don't have any pipes running underneath, do ya?

esmoojee said:
If you want longer front forks I would us an 2000 Honda RC51 SP1 front end. It's, I believe, 30" gives you a little extra. Only the sp1 is longer not the sp2 from what I've found. You don't have any pipes running underneath, do ya?
No I don't but I've changed my front tire and it helped significantly . I guess I have to cut a little bit of the stand.

Sent from my iPhone using DO THE TON

Back
Top Bottom