Regulator/Rectifire wiring question

Pat383ram

So the below link is the regulator/recto. I bought for my cb350. I know two wires go from the starter solenoid to the reg/rec (though I don't know what wire goes to what wire.) it's the same deal with the wiring from the stator , I know the wires are all going where they need to go (to the reg/rec) I just don't know what wire goes to what.
Thanks

http://www.dimecitycycles.com/vintage-cafe-racer-caferacer-bobber-brat-chopper-custom-motorcycle-electronics-parts-honda-cb350f-cb400f-cb500-cb550-cb750-rectifier-864218.html

Well older bikes have TWO units. A regulator, and a rectifier. The unit you bought is all in one. Call the manufacturer or follow the instructions. It should be outlined somewhere.

If that is the unit you bought do you have a 350 twin or a 4? That unit is for a 4.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Got it! Ok so on the one I am supposed to have there are three white wires and a black and a red. Check out the link...

http://www.dimecitycycles.com/vintage-cafe-racer-caferacer-bobber-brat-chopper-custom-motorcycle-electronic-parts-ricks-electric-regulator-rectifier-cb160-cb175-cl175-cb200-cl200-cb350-cl350-cl-450-cb450-cb500t-10-135h.html

Great, but those stil arnt the corasponding wire colors to the stator and the turminals sent the same so I'm still unsure where these wires are headed...

Your alternator will have a pink, a yellow, and a white wire for AC output. The green/red wire is for the neutral light.

The yellow and the white wires are the same phase, but only partial windings. The idea with this setup is that you get partial charging until the headlight is turned on, then you get full charging (the white and yellow wires are joined via the headlight switch). I assume the purpose of the design was to avoid taxing the old regulator too much. Modern regulators don't have this issue, so we generally tie the white and yellow wires together before connecting them to the yellow wire on the regulator/rectifier.

You could just buy the regulator rectifier from Sparck Moto and get the correct part, save yourself a bunch of money and get technical support.

Back
Top Bottom