Triple clamps compatible with CB350four?

durp

Been Around the Block
Workin away on my wife's CB350f, and found a nasty crack in the top triple clamp. Can't seem to find a specific used replacement for it on eBay, so I'm wondering what all triple clamps are a direct swap.

I'm sure somebody here knows :D

I just has mine welded back up.. Is it cracked where the pinch bolt clamps to the fork ? Very common if so.

I have a mig welder and I'm pretty decent with steel, but I doubt my ability to properly fix an aluminium clamp with it.

Here's how it's broken: The crack is all the way through, so it's actually entirely separated from the clamp altogether.
clamp.jpg

That's exactly how mine was broken. I had to take mine to a buddy to have it tig welded back together. Someone has over tightened it probably at some point.

Used ones for sale are bringing a pretty surprisingly large price tag these days. So much so I'm considering just getting a sharp cnc made one.

This is for my wife's bike I'm building and I just dont really want to take shortcuts or skip on quality.

I believe that 400F ones will fit too, with but with different mounting for idiot lights (although the 350F idiot lights can be put on the handlebar clamps). But they're also probably pretty expensive these days...

durp said:
Used ones for sale are bringing a pretty surprisingly large price tag these days. So much so I'm considering just getting a sharp cnc made one.

This is for my wife's bike I'm building and I just dont really want to take shortcuts or skip on quality.

this doesn't seem hateful, even considering its dcc and all..

http://www.dimecitycycles.com/vintage-cafe-racer-caferacer-bobber-brat-chopper-custom-motorcycle-steering-parts-billet-aluminum-cb450-cb500t-cb650-cb750-top-triple-tree-honda-12-2156.html

I've been visiting that page a lot over the last couple of days haha. Those are really sharp. I think when I can justify spending some more on her bike, I think I'll invest in a nice top and bottom set like that so they match.

I don't know how the vintage bike salvage yard scene is out there in iowa, but you could look up and see if you can find some in the area or close ish. I have one here local that has been a real life saver for some stuff like that

I've tried a couple in iowa so far. One of them has one, but wants $150 + shipping for it. Personally I think that's kinda steep. At this point I'm thinking I'll just weld it back together for the time-being. Then later this month or the next just dish out a little extra for a nice top and bottom set of CNC clamps, like the one you linked to above.

also, let me look at the house. I just may have a cb/cl360 tree laying around. It just may work

Back
Top Bottom