Aces Corner

scott s

Over 1,000 Posts
DTT BOTM WINNER
I see lots of bikes at Aces Corner that I recognize from here. How does one go about getting their bike "to the top of the hill", so to speak?

scott s said:
I see lots of bikes at Aces Corner that I recognize from here. How does one go about getting their bike "to the top of the hill", so to speak?

Your talking Barber right? You need to enter the bike show to get it at the very top. You just have to get past the DTT folks working the gate to get to the midpoint of the hill and If your bike has a build thread it will be allowed up unless the lot is full. Also if you volunteer for a 4 hour DTT shift you get passes for the weekend and get to hang around with all of us. Haircuttergirl (Jenn) is the DTT coordinator for the Ace corner event, reach out to her, she's the best.

I do have a build thread here. I've always wanted to take a bike to Barber and this year it's a possibility. But, to be honest, I stay so busy with the swap meet, museum and all the other activities, that I wouldn't ride it much, if at all!

scott s said:
The bikes on the top of the hill are part of the bike show, as Mike said. Typically, you bring it in Fri and register for the show- it has to be left there all day Fri and picked up at the end of the day. Then you bring it back Sat morning to park it again. Usually the awards are given late afternoon Saturday.
To park inside of Ace Corner but not be in the show, you just have to be on a vintage bike and show your Ace pass at the gate. You then can park in the grassy area outside the tunnel or go through the tunnel and park on the lower level grassy area where all the vendors are set up.

Maritime said:
Haircuttergirl (Jenn) is the DTT coordinator for the Ace corner event, reach out to her, she's the best.

Thanks, Mike

Back
Top Bottom