www.bisonmotorsports.com

www.speedmotoco.com

www.cognitomoto.com

www.townmoto.com

www.sparckmoto.com

www.Moto-Madness.com

www.pistonsociety.com

www.steeltowngarage.com

Author Topic: Honda CB466F Barely Legal Track Bike "Goldie"  (Read 5111 times)

Offline innovativems

• Innovative MotoSports
Honda CB466F Barely Legal Track Bike "Goldie"
« on: Sep 06, 2017, 17:55:04 »
It's about time I post this build up.  I bought this bike about three years ago.  A gentleman that was hard on his luck in an rv park was selling his cb550 ss, just sold his cb750ss and this 75 cb400f.  The bike had been sitting in the arizona sun and hadn't run in some years.  It was missing tank, side covers, airbox, tank, bars, headlight, and exhaust.  But the motor turned over well with good compression.  It only had 4500 miles on the clock and I brought it home

Offline innovativems

• Innovative MotoSports
Re: Honda CB400F Track/Street Bike "Goldie"
« Reply #1 on: Sep 06, 2017, 17:56:56 »
I went to the local junk yard and found a kerker header that had seen better days and got a tank off eBay.  I also went through the carbs and get the pipe on the bike.  Applied 12v to the coils and get it fired on my aux tank.  I have always loved the sound of the small inline fours!

Offline innovativems

• Innovative MotoSports
« Reply #2 on: Sep 06, 2017, 17:57:22 »
I found a job back in Iowa and packed up six of my bikes and moved.   My fun of building and working on bikes is becoming more of a part time gig so I decided to lauch my side business beginning of 2017.  Which brings me back to the 400.  I wanted a bike for the shop and to show what I can do.  So the 400 went back on the lift.  I was struggling to come up with a plan on this bike.  After a few beers staring at the bike I came to my conclusion.

This bike can from rotting away in an rv park and would be built into a lightweight street legal track bike.   

Offline innovativems

• Innovative MotoSports
« Reply #3 on: Sep 06, 2017, 17:57:56 »
So the plan was to shape and build a fiberglass seat section to go with the tank, lots of ttr400 parts, 466 big bore, stage 2 port from Mike, webco cam, oil cooler, lightened and balanced crank, shot peen rods.  For suspension stock forks with race tech springs and gold valves, ttr lower triple, race tech g3 shocks, frame crafters aluminum swingarm, and excel wheel hoops with some sticky rubber. 

Offline innovativems

• Innovative MotoSports
« Reply #4 on: Sep 06, 2017, 17:58:33 »
Got my seat pretty well ready for some filler and block it straight. Going to run delkevic header and collector with 12" cone eng can.  Got my ttr rearsets

Offline innovativems

• Innovative MotoSports
« Reply #5 on: Sep 06, 2017, 17:59:17 »
Motor is torn done.  Crank and rods are going to ape, cases are getting vapor blasted, and head is going to Mike R.

Offline innovativems

• Innovative MotoSports
« Reply #6 on: Sep 06, 2017, 18:00:18 »
Sanding and blocking the seat.  It will be ready for primer soon.

Offline innovativems

• Innovative MotoSports
« Reply #7 on: Sep 06, 2017, 18:01:31 »
Got my gauge from cognito moto.  Gps speedo with tach.

Offline innovativems

• Innovative MotoSports
« Reply #8 on: Sep 06, 2017, 18:02:07 »
Got the led tail lite flushed in and my plate mount in.  Just waiting on the fiberglass to cure for the mounting studs then I'll get the lines sanded perfect

Offline innovativems

• Innovative MotoSports
« Reply #9 on: Sep 06, 2017, 18:03:34 »
Going to run a front number plate.  Working out how I'm going to mount it and build around the speedo.  Got the left side and top of the tank pulled straight and first layer of filler.  Going to do the right side tonight.