Honda CB466F Barely Legal Track Bike "Goldie"

Ha ha great pictures... I wish I had more skill but my little build is coming on ok.. here she is on route to get the seat measured and via a couple of new Helicoils.

Then engine back out to rectify the paint thats not fuel proof, the carbs came out really good though! I'm getting close to having her done its just I have bits going on everywhere so in the next 4 weeks it should all come together!

107242-101117083308.jpeg

Tanks just primer..

107242-101117083354.jpeg

New coils and wiring .. lovely!

107242-101117083332.jpeg

Had to get a few bits plated but carbs might as well be brand new !

Hey.. just looking at the front mudguard.. there is no easy option to reduce the height ..it doesnt help I'm running a 100 width tyre. Mine sits the same height as yours and yours looks great, are you running the standard CB400f mudguard bracket?

Pretty much the same conclusion I came to Integra99.. with the way the caliper mounts, it makes it difficult to cut the existing bracket.

Re: Honda CB466F Barely Legal Track Bike "Goldie"

Yes sir it's the stock fender brace. I honestly thought the height looked fine. Could probably remove a section. On the brace to bring the top closer to the mounting holes. Then it would still bolt up fine as long as it still clears the tire

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes I've sat looking at the bracket, as soon as I cut a section out it makes the bracket very close to the top of the tire and in truth its quite a complex bracket as mentioned the way it works around the caliper.

I also agree I think it looks good on yours.. Googled a few more and we are not alone many sit at stock height, I think as my mock up is in primer it stands out more .. so I'm leaving as is for now. I may try later to get another fender made with more of a curve... as the brace is ok.. if the fender had a deeper curve it would wrap closer to the tire at the leading edge and thus give the desired effect!

What a massive transformation! I saw this build on Bike Exif before I found it here.

If you don't mind, I have a couple of questions (I've just asked Integra some similar questions, about his build)

What spokes did you use to lace up the Excel's to the 400f hubs? Stuggling for info there.
Also what model twist grip are you using?
Last question - do you see an advantage with the oil cooler, and what brand are you using.

Thanks!

I doubt you'll get an answer from the OP after 6 years, but if your in the UK, Central wheels in Birmingham can supply you with the appropriate spokes for any combo of hub and rim. Just tell them what you want to so and they will know what you need. They also sell alloy rims, stainless spokes etc.

I doubt you'll get an answer from the OP after 6 years, but if your in the UK, Central wheels in Birmingham can supply you with the appropriate spokes for any combo of hub and rim. Just tell them what you want to so and they will know what you need. They also sell alloy rims, stainless spokes etc.

Thanks, yeah I will drop them a note. I'm in Europe (Switzerland) and have been in contact with them re. some OE looking Stainless rims, original size.
I need to figure out, if there's a way to get these Excel's on the road in CH, road traffic control office here is strict.

Back
Top Bottom