www.bisonmotorsports.com

www.speedmotoco.com

www.cognitomoto.com

www.townmoto.com

www.sparckmoto.com

www.Moto-Madness.com

www.pistonsociety.com

www.steeltowngarage.com

Author Topic: The "I deconstructed my fingers real quick" thread WARNING: Gore Pics  (Read 2675 times)

Offline Brodie

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • Gold Coast, Queensland
Alright I decided to post a "build thread" for my fingers. Last week I managed to destroy thee last 3 fingers on my right hand by crushing then shearing them under a tree that I was cutting down.
The tree became hung up on vines that were on a tree near it and did not drop. When I went to assess the tree it spun and slid, dragging my fingers through the fresh cut I had just put in the tree.

Yes I know it is my fault for having my hand where it should not have been, don't worry i have already beaten myself up for being an idiot. I have dropped quite a few trees before but I was a little hung over and a little over confident with this one.
So this happened at about 10 in the morning. I spent the rest of the day and night is hospital waiting for surgery the next morning. Surgery went well and I spent the next 2 days in hospital recovering.
I had broken the tip of my ring finger quite badly and it had to be wired back together, the nail bed was completely removed from the nail and had damage as well. All fingers received several stitches and my hand was wrapped up to protect it from further damage.

Today I had the bandages removed and had the wounds inspected and the feeling tested. Everything looks very positive with me having slight feeling in all fingers. I have another appointment next Friday to have the wire and stitches removed.
Learning to use my left hand for a lot more things than I used to.

« Last Edit: Sep 15, 2017, 07:09:19 by Brodie »
I'm not sure, but don't ask Brodie.

Way to many build and half done projects to list here.
Sr250, Gs750, Z50A, XV1100, A10, Z160A.

Offline WhyNot

• ~~~If it ain't raining, I'm riding~~{iii}?~~prost~
 :o

Ouch....................

:'(
2006 Harley Davidson Heritage Softail
1975 Honda CB750K5 needs carb work
1974 Honda CB350F2 needs tins painted (being lazy)
1972 Honda CB175K2 roller no engine
1972 Honda CB/CL350 Engines need roller
1972 Honda CB100K2 needs kicker shaft
1990 Mitsubishi MM needs engine rebuild

Offline Redbird

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • DTT BOTM WINNER
  • Dolor est Magister Optimus
I was wondering how you managed to mangle your fingers while dropping a tree.
Glad to hear it'll "buff out" with only minor blemishes ;)

Somewhat related side note: A buddy of mine broke both his wrists in a motorcycle collision. You really find out who your friends are when you can't wipe your own ass :P
When you are Dead, you don't know that you are Dead. It is difficult only for Others.

It is the same when you are Stupid.

Offline SONIC.

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • Reminds me of...me No, I'm sure of it. I hate him
It's gonna feel like a whole new you when it all heals up.  ;D
Get it?
Get it?

Offline scott s

• DTT SUPPORTER
 Fucking OW!

Offline Ryan Stecken

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • DTT BOTM WINNER
I wish you will heal up really well!

I had a workshop accident a few years back with a saw and nearly cutt off my thumb...it heals up fast but you will have "nerve" pain for a long time.
make sure to "massage" the scar tissue as soon a it heals up in order to get the tissue as soft as possible or your movement will be limited!

Offline CrabsAndCylinders

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • Careful With That Axe Eugene
After I cut the end off of my index finger, the plastic surgeon told me to rub the end of the finger on my blued jean regularly (after it had healed) to "re-educate the nerve ends.  Not sure if this would apply to your situation.  Also, make sure you do physio afterwards.

I also found that the pain would lessen when I kept my hand up to shoulder level (I had also broken a couple of fingers in the incident and it hurt like fuck, I'm sure you are having a lot of pain too).

Heal well, Brodie
Lighter, Quicker, Faster.
ZX-14, 900F x 2, 1100F, R100, CBR600, SR500, GT500, RZ350, KZ1000 x 2, Moto Guzzi Lemans lll, CBX550, RD 350, 750 SOHC police special, RG250, TL1000R, GT750, KTM Super Duke 1290 R, Harris/Z-1, Norton 750 Commando, Green 77 KZ650

Offline Scooter trash

How much is that going to cost you? Here comes the second pain assault!
Asphalt, the greatest tattoo remover.

Offline 4eyes

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • DTT BOTM WINNER
    • Stifler's Mom
I really wish that I didn't know exactly how that feels.  :o

After the stitches are out, I highly recommend "Bio-oil" massaged into the scar tissue a couple of times a day.  ;)
75% has been 25% wannabe :P

"Yep, nostalgia is not what it used to be."   Beachcomber

Offline Ryan Stecken

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • DTT BOTM WINNER
How much is that going to cost you? Here comes the second pain assault!

Thats why we have universal health care in Austria...we pay our monthly fee and donŽt have to worry if we get hurt no matter how hard.
Physiotherapy however just gets covered partly and many treatements that are needed are not paid by the insurance.
I never had to pay for any operation in my whole life.