www.bisonmotorsports.com

www.speedmotoco.com

www.cognitomoto.com

www.townmoto.com

www.sparckmoto.com

www.Moto-Madness.com

www.pistonsociety.com

www.steeltowngarage.com

Author Topic: The "I deconstructed my fingers real quick" thread WARNING: Gore Pics  (Read 2650 times)

Offline Brodie

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • Gold Coast, Queensland
Gives me an excuse to buy better levers and master cylinder for the Virago, which doesn't really need them at the moment because all i have been doing is keeping it clean and starting it every other day.

Getting the stitches removed next week and hopefully I will be given clearance to drive again so I can get back to work. Then I need to improve the movement in my fingers and grip strength and I will be back on the bike!
I'm not sure, but don't ask Brodie.

Way to many build and half done projects to list here.
Sr250, Gs750, Z50A, XV1100, A10, Z160A.

Offline Brodie

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • Gold Coast, Queensland
Had the stitches removed yesterday and was given clearance to return to work provided I do not use my right hand...

Work is cheering to have me back as we have a bit of a skilled staff shortage at the moment.

Had a nursing student remove the stitches so that was a unique and painful experience. Overall it looks like it is healing really well. Not long until I can ride again. I have another check up next week with hand therapy so more pics then.

Offline spotty

• Vmax...why,yes i think i will
    • spottys world of vmax (and great danes)
I know you're sickof it all but go careful on the getting movement back, my broken finger (3 months today since I did it) is still giving me shit, if I try to get the movement back too quickly it stretches the tendons and it won't go straight again so back in the splint it goes. slowly does it otherwise permanent damage will be your lifelong companion (apart from the missing bits damage that is, they ain't growing back)
short fast loud, three things punk rock and vmaxs have in common

south of the border, down melbourne way

Offline Maritime

• DTT SUPPORTER
+1 my broken pinky on my left hand from my deer crash is 2 years in and just getting to the working right stage. Had one minor setback in a drunken tumble down a wet grassy hill though that made it take a little longer
The GL Rebirth: http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=68337.0
CX500 Low budget Bobber : http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=43617.0
"Beer makes you feel the way you ought to feel without beer" -Henry Lawson
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Thomas Jefferson

Offline spotty

• Vmax...why,yes i think i will
    • spottys world of vmax (and great danes)
+1 my broken pinky on my left hand from my deer crash is 2 years in and just getting to the working right stage. Had one minor setback in a drunken tumble down a wet grassy hill though that made it take a little longer

what were you doing riding a deer in the first place ?
short fast loud, three things punk rock and vmaxs have in common

south of the border, down melbourne way

Offline Cookie

• God help the child who grows out of everything
what were you doing riding a deer in the first place ?

Moose were out of season.
* Insert something witty here *

81 CB750C
84 Tempter - well, most of it...

Offline Brodie

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • Gold Coast, Queensland
Had another appointment today and it looks like everything is healing nicely. We moved on to doing a few exercises to try and get movement back in my fingers. One of them included dipping my hand into hot paraffin wax several times to get heat into my hand to help with mmovement. That was an odd experience.

I am back at work now but cannot get my hand wet or lift anything heavy. Being that I work in a milk factory that is a good portion of my work.

Offline Redbird

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • DTT BOTM WINNER
  • Dolor est Magister Optimus
You build Cows?!
When you are Dead, you don't know that you are Dead. It is difficult only for Others.

It is the same when you are Stupid.

Offline kwak250

Offline Brodie

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • Gold Coast, Queensland
You build Cows?!
Yep, I wouldn't say it is my cream job but it pays the bills. Not much I can do at work udder then stand at a filler and watch it spin around. But you have got to moo what you have got to moo.