www.bisonmotorsports.com

www.speedmotoco.com

www.cognitomoto.com

www.townmoto.com

www.sparckmoto.com

www.Moto-Madness.com

www.pistonsociety.com

www.steeltowngarage.com

Author Topic: 3DogNate's '05 H-D Sportster Scrambler build - AKA "Project Dual-Sportster"  (Read 3898 times)

Offline 3DogNate

• DTT BOTM WINNER
  • "You Meet the Nicest People on a Honda"
New steering stem bolt.. the old one was fugly cause it was hidden before I switched risers.

My Nightster fender arrived today and I did a quick fitting and all is good. I might add a fender extension for more of that "ready for muddin'" look.

Offline 3DogNate

• DTT BOTM WINNER
Started laying out some options on chopping the rear fender down...

Ended up looking like this... I'll get the struts cut and make a decision on if I'm going to trim up the fender any more.

and yes.. my lift is a pig-sty...

Offline DBrevit

I thought you were building a scrambler, short short fenders in mud ?,

Offline 3DogNate

• DTT BOTM WINNER
I thought you were building a scrambler, short short fenders in mud ?,
Itís still extended past the axle a wee bit... should be plenty good enough for all but extreme riding which will never happen... not like weíve got dunes or mountains to play on here in central Illinois.  I donít expect a big old mud streak up my back as it sits. What Iím thinking about for my tail light and license plate might end up extending the mud catcher a little bit anyway. If it doesn't work well I can weld the struts back on and put a full fender back on it... I'm my own paint guy... the expense would be negligible.

Offline 3DogNate

• DTT BOTM WINNER
I did a test fit of the air cleaner today... It's a Chinese cleaner off Ebay, but I swear the machining is as good as any out there... The fit is good and at $30 shipped it's ridiculous that they can even do it at slave labor costs.... I'll powder coat it to match the rest a little later when I'm doing the engine covers. It'll do nicely.