Kitty hair, JB Weld or Polyester Filler?

Ride

I messed up and took off too much material when grinding off frame tabs. Nothing terribly structural but I need to make it look nice before paint.

What are suitable options to smooth and how do I get tubing looking round again where it’s got some flats?

I like epoxy with a featherweight filler, makes it lighter and easier to sand. Direct to clean, bare metal.

Bondo works, too.

Just remember you can't powder-coat most fillers, in case you were heading in that direction.

The lab metal stuff looks interesting and can be powder coated but I’m painting the frame so no worries there.

My biggest concern is how to form any material into a tube shape and sand it back.

I was thinking maybe a piece of pvc cut lengthwise and sandpaper within it to sand but I’m still not sure how to apply any product onto a tube in a tube shape!

Just rough it on with some kind of plastic squeegee, get it as close as possible and then sand it back to round.

overfill it then sand back by hand.
A pvc pipe with sandpaper stuck to the inside isn't a bad idea, but it's not too tough to do by hand.

Here’s what I’m trying to correct

527ae8e3605f73922033d0d242d1cbb9.jpg

9aa708d5679bd0dd40173562b0df1273.jpg
164bd9f73072427f9c1ade05816ffbc6.jpg

Back
Top Bottom